Solved

Default Values in Custom Field Not Showing

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have created a custom field for MRBs that uses enumeration with two values (Internal and Customer) and set it to have a default value of Internal.

However, when creating a new MRB the field does not get a default value and is instead empty.

Is there something I am missing?

icon

Best answer by Jonas Feigl 12 January 2024, 00:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @RSLEIGHT,

Where was the default value specified?

Please provide the screen shots or an export of the custom enumeration and custom field setting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RSLEIGHT It seems like the Customer Filed is set up as per the instructions and ideally it should work. Can you provide more info on this for example the exact window that you are going to add the customer field, the format of the Enumeration ?

Badge +1

Here is the custom field, the default value was set on the window in the picture above.

And here is the custom enumeration for MRB_TYPE

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

In IEE the default values are only fetched if the record is manually created in the client by pressing + or F5.

I don't know the MRB Process but if the MRB head is created automatically somehow the logic for the custom fields would not be triggered. The only workaround would the be a custom event to create the record with the default values in the custom field table