Question

Unit based sales price list vs Customer Agreement - deal per part

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I have a situation where we want to use ‘Unit based Sales pricelists’. We have a huge number of sales parts, all belonging to the same family and having same price strategy in function of volume.

However, it might be that a customer negotiates a specific price for an inidivual sales part belonging to that product family. So I was thinking about ‘Customer Agreement’ - ‘Deal per part’,  because this special price would only be applicable to that one customer. Alle other customers would still use the regular ‘Unit based’ pricelists for that part and the related product family.

Howver, in order to use ‘Customer Agreement’ - ‘Deal per part’ I need to use ‘Sales Part Base Prices’, but it seems you can’t select parts belonging to a ‘Unit Based’ Sales price Group. Is that correct?

Is there a way to combine these 2? Or do we need to change the part from a ‘Unit based’ sales price group to a ‘Part Based’ Sales price group and add this to a new sales price lists so the normal customer use the Part Based pricelist, while this individual customer will use the ‘deal per part’ scenario.

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Timmermans Roel 

Yes we cannot use parts with  ‘Unit Based’ Sales price Group in a Customer Agreement because Customer Agreement only focuses on part based sales parts.

Sales price groups are mostly used to group price lists of parts with similar characteristics. However, sales parts with unit-based sales price group are sold by units of measure and has the same price which does not require to add base prices for the same i.e. paint that has a different sales part number for different colors but has the same price (unit based sales price group). But, when it comes to part based, it requires sales part base prices as in part based the items are priced per piece i.e. qualities of paper that may have different prices but with a change in prices following the same fluctuations (part based price group).

Hope this explanation will clarify your doubts.

Best regards,
Tharaka.​​​​​​​

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne ,

Thank you for the reply. I think I understand the mechanics of both options ‘Unit based’ and ‘Part Based’ pricelists. However, I am having more problem finding a structural and simple way to deal with ‘exceptions’.

Let’s take your example of paints - I have a certain quality if paint = 1 sales price group  (Unit based) with 50 different colors (= Sales Parts). I am selling this Sales Price Group to customer A at 2 EUR/liter (= Sales Price List 1) and to customer B at 1,90 EUR/liter (=Sales price list 2). Since all 50 Sales Parts belong to the same Unit Based Sales price group, they will all use the same price => 2€ for customer A and 1,90€ for customer B.

Now Customer A come to me and asks for a special price on the Red paint - which I granted, so now he can buy the red paint at 1,80€/liter, but the remaining 49 paints will remain at 2€/liter.

How would you go about this without affecting Customer B?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Timmermans Roel 

You can use Deal per sales group function to achieve that but there are some limitations.

In this function we cannot specify a part but the agreement will be based on the Sales Group.
And the special price for a customer will be achieved via a discount (1,80€/liter as per your example)

In the example below I have used the below basic data
Sales Part no -TEST PART DIL NEW
Sales Price Group -  PTA2 (Unit Based)
Sales Group -  DIL 
Price - 10.00 (USD)

In the customer agreement (2703-DIL) under Deal per sales part I have specified 10% discount.
So after the discount the price per part will be 9.00 (USD)

I have entered sales qty of 5 which makes the total value $50 (10*5) and with the 10% discount taken from the customer agreement now the total value is $45.00

According to the current application design, this is the best way I can think of achieving what you have suggested. If this is a key element of your business operation I am suggesting you to go for an customization.

Best Regards,
Tharaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne 

Thanks for the reply. 

Indeed, I was also thinking about using the ‘Sales group’ and using a Customer Agreement to give a discount. However, that does mean that I have to create a separate Sales group for 1 item. Because none of the other items should be getting this 10% discount. And in case they have a second item that they would like to sell at -15%, that would mean another Sales Group. So I’m not totally convinced. On the other hand, chancing a part from a Unit Based Sales Price Group to a Part Based Sales Price group would also mean I have to define new prices for all other groups. So it seems whichever way I turn, there will be no easy fix. Unless you can think of another way to do this.

best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Timmermans Roel 

I agree with you. That is why I said this functionality has some limitation. As I mentioned if this is a key element of your business operation I am suggesting you to go for an customization.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.