Solved

Transfer to project inventory

• 3 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello, I have a strange behaviour of function Transfer to Project Inventory. Sometime, the function does not offer/show its dialog window. I need to transfer from project inventory to different project inventory.

User A:

• Warehouse Management\Quantity in Stock\Inventory Part In Stock
  • part ID: 1234, available Qty > 0
  • project: PROJ001, PROJ002,.. (user is member of project team)
  • function Transfer to Project Inventory is available
  • → the function DOES NOT show the dialog window
  • the same part (part ID: 1234, available Qty > 0)
  • no project, it is standard inventory
  • → the function DOES show the dialog window

User B:

• the same conditions like user A
  • → the function ALWAYS DOES show the dialog window
icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 8 March 2022, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rucnik ,

Its bit stranger, this dialog box is essential to determine the next transfer location.

What happen when User A selects the option “Transfer to Project Inventory”? Will it transfer directly to some location or does nothing at all?

Also is this specific to this project activity or happens for all the stocks in project inventory? if not, do you see any specific difference in this inventory part compared to others?

Best Regards,

Kasun

Regards,

Kasun

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Kasun,

When User A select the option Transfer to Project Inventory, it does nothing at all. We didn’t try it for all stocks in project inventory. We choose lets say 10 different project inventory (I didn’t count). In all cases nothing happend. So there is only one different in case user A and it is project or nonproject inventory.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rucnik ,

If this is affected to one user also there is no error or action behind the function, I would try to clear the user profile and see for the results. Also if the same user does exists in any other environment, try the function there too may be like in a TEST environment so you can first try to clear the profile or import a profile that works to user and try.

Kind Regards,

Kasun

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Finaly it was about permition sets