Question

transfer or Sale/Purchase for a Non-Inventory Part between different sites of a company

• 17 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How to transfer or Sale/Purchase for a Non-Inventory Part between different sites of a company?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Could you explain in more detail the need for non-inventory parts been transferred ? Is it a requirement where there is customer owned goods sent to the inventory for further processing and sent back as a Finished good ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ashwanikumar, I believe this can be done by using Non-inventory Sales Parts and Non-inventory purchase parts in Customer Orders and Purchase Orders as usually? Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Could you explain in more detail the need for non-inventory parts been transferred ? Is it a requirement where there is customer owned goods sent to the inventory for further processing and sent back as a Finished good ? 

Hi @IniEdmundW,  As a industry ‘X’ have site  ‘A’ & Site ‘B’ which are at 20 KM distance from each other. I want to transfer a non-inventory part i.e “Part-a” from site A to site B.

When the part is a inventory part then i can transfer it by Distribution Order but when the part is a non inventory part, i cant transfer it by Distribution order as it says that part should be inventory in both both the sites i.e in site ‘A’ & ‘B’.

So, is there any way by which I can transfer a Non- Inventory stock between sites?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ashwanikumar,

For a Non-Inventory Part, by name sake, you don’t maintain an inventory (This essentially means that there is no need for a ‘Stock’ transfer between sites). Distribution Order Functionality is primarily designed for Inter-site ‘Stock’ movements, that’s why you can’t use a DO to move Non-Inventory stock between Sites.

However, if you need to perform/track/trace the Non-Inventory ‘Goods’ movement, you can use a Inter-site order flow based on a Non-Inventory Purchase Order + a Non-Inventory Customer Order pair. Then the system will create set of (None Inventory) Transactions corresponds to that ‘Goods’ movement,

Prerequisite:

• Part Used is defined as a Non-Inventory Purchase Part at Demand Site and Non-Inventory Sales Part at Supply Site (Similar to Distribution Order flow)
  • Supply Site Internal Supplier should have ORDERS Message setup against Message setup
  • Demand Site Internal Customer should have DESADV Message setup against Message setup
  • If you need to Automate the flow(See * below), you should enable Auto approval of Incoming Messages for both Internal Customer & Supplier

Test Case:

1. Enter a Purchase Order at Demand Site against Supply Site Supplier
  2. Add a Part Line. Use your Non-Inventory Purchase Part
  3. RMB Release Order
  4. RMB Send Order
  5. RMB Supply Chain Orders Analysis on Line. If you don’t have any Customer Order data, check for any Message Processing Background Jobs that are not yet executed and execute them/allow some time for them to complete. Then refresh the Supply Chain Orders Analysis screen
  6. Go to Incoming Customer Order and Approve it (Unless it is auto Approved)
  7. Process the Internal Customer Order till Invoiced/Closed.
  8. Send Dispatch Advice Message using Print Delivery Note for Customer Orders Screen
  9. Search for the Incoming Dispatch Advice using Delivery Note No
  10. Receive the PO using Incoming Dispatch Advice

Now the PO Should be in Closed State, which means the Inter-site Order flow is complete.

If you setup Basic Data as appropriate, you can automate almost every Intermediate Step in the above Test case* (You’ll only need to Create and Send the Purchase Order, the system will Complete Order flow at one go, which means Steps 2-9 all Automated).

At the end of these steps, the system will create INTSHIP-NI Transaction against your Customer Order and ARRTRAN-NI Transaction against your Purchase Order to keep track of the Non-Inventory ‘Goods’ movement between two Sites.