Question

Serial Tracking and Condition Code usage

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We are currently using App9, update 16 and allow Condition Code and we utilize both Lot/Batch Tracking and Serial Tracking.  I would like to investigate time savings associated with not serial tracking in Inventory.

In our environment “Condition Codes cannot be used on a serial tracked part unless it is serial tracked in Inventory.”  Is this relationship changed in the Cloud upgrade such that Condition Code can be utilized while limiting Serial Tracking to “At Receipt and Issue” and “After Delivery Serial Tracking”?

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@deccorbett ,

Checked in 22R1 and it remains the same. I believe this is the basic principle of tracking that without having inventory serial tracking it will be difficult or not possible to identify the right condition code connected to the respective serial no.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +2

Thank you very much for investigating this.  Condition code is usable with lot batch tracked items that are not serial tracked so I concluded that this connection was at the lot batch level all the time.  If this were the case, it allows more flexibility with how the serial tracking can be applied by each different business and the process flows each utilize.

Thank you again for taking the time to investigate this on our behalf.