Question

Selling through Amazon FBA

• 3 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I would like to know if any of you have implemented a solution for Amazon FBA.

Solution I think of includes

• mimicking Amazon warehouse for our stock using a virtual warehouse with one location.
  • Creating COs to Amazon (treating Amazon as the customer buying from the virtual warehouse, not actual customers) based on Amazon sales records provided daily
  • Invoicing based on daily records
  • Replenishing stock in Amazon warehouse using stock in standard warehouse. 

Issues in the solution

• how Amazon charges which appear in their records in to sales orders created, to see the actual cost of the sale
  • when a logistic provider is used to move stock from our premise to Amazon, creating POs for the logistic provider
  • Integrating to logistic providers pricing for the service
  • Amazon bears the tax for sales up to some amount (e.g. up to 150 GBP) and for those orders, there is no tax to be used. But beyond some point, the tax needs to be added to sales orders.
  • etc.

It would be great to hear about any experience you have on this area.

(below thread is for the same topic, but no answers there)

Thanks in advance,

Asanka

2 replies

Badge

To sell through FBA, one needs to know how all this works. Initially you need to create your Amazon selling account, and login to Seller Central to set up FBA. After that you can include products to the Amazon catalog, specify FBA inventory. Explore more about fba calculator from here now. Arrange the products for safe and secure transportation to a fulfillment center, based to the Amazon packing guidelines and shipping and routing arrangements. You can make a shipping plan, print Amazon shipment ID labels, and send shipments to Amazon fulfillment centers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@msoak Many thanks for this.

I would also like to know how IFS setup was done, to work with FBA. How charges, warehouses, PO/CO process, pricing, logistic and tax setup were done in IFS, to facilitate the FBA.

Asanka