Solved

Reserve Customer Order Line RMB

• 30 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Looking a putting a custom RMB in Apps10 to reserve from Customer Order Lines screen. 

We have one in and working but UPD16 seems to have mucked with it - it’s all affected the Standard functionally and have reported that.

I’m viewing with a fresh sheet now - so looking at IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_RESERVATION_API.Find_And_Reserve_Part as my call for the RMB. I can pass all the parameters - except Inv Part Res Source Type. Anyone have a suggestion on what it should be.

I have tried Cust Order, Customer Order, CO, CUSTORDER - so all the common ones in other areas of the system.​​​​​​​

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

icon

Best answer by CallumW 2 December 2022, 12:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

You could try CUSTOMER_ORDER

It might work.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Badge +2

Hello, @Matthew 

An order for a part has been entered, released and reserved.  You want to “unreserve” the order line.  .

1.) Go to Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines - Customer Orders/ Reserve Customer Orders/ Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines.
2.) Query for your Customer Order, go down to the ‘Quantity Reserved’ field.  This will show the amount currently reserved.  Change this to the quantity you wish to reserve and deliver.  For example, if you had 12 parts reserved and you wish to return 10 to stock, you must change the quantity reserved to 2.  If you want to unreserve the whole order, then the quantity reserved must be changed to 0.
3.) Save changes.
4.) The remaining material will be returned to stock and the status of the Customer Order will change to ‘Released’
5.) This can be verified by querying for your Customer Order, highlighting the line item and selecting the Right Mouse Button option - Order Line History.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks for responses.

Alas CUSTOMER_ORDER  did not work.

We are aware of the standard process - just trying to make it simpler for end-users at reserving (not unreserving)

I’ll just wait for support to come back on the bug ticket.

Badge +2

Hello, @Matthew 

An order for a part has been entered, released and reserved.  You want to “unreserve” the order line.  .

1.) Go to Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines - Customer Orders/ Reserve Customer Orders/ Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines.
2.) Query for your Customer Order, go down to the ‘Quantity Reserved’ field.  This will show the amount currently reserved.  Change this to the quantity you wish to reserve and deliver.  For example, if you had 12 parts reserved and you wish to return 10 to stock, you must change the quantity reserved to 2.  If you want to unreserve the whole order, then the quantity reserved must be changed to 0.
3.) Save changes.
4.) The remaining material will be returned to stock and the status of the Customer Order will change to ‘Released’
5.) This can be verified by querying for your Customer Order, highlighting the line item and selecting the Right Mouse Button option - Order Line History. My THDHR

Hello,

Can you tell me this suggestion it’s work or not? 

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - That would work for manually Un-reserving lines - but I am looking to reserve via a custom RMB from the Customer Order Lines screen.

This currently is what I have (aware it will need a bit of tweaking and try not to laugh at my code) 

DECLARE
RES_ VARCHAR2(20):=Null;
order_no_       varchar2(100):=&order_no;
line_no_        varchar2(100):=&line_no;
rel_no_         varchar2(100):=&rel_no;
line_item_no_   varchar2(100):=&line_item_no;
contract_       varchar2(100):=&contract;
part_no_        varchar2(100):=&part_no;
configuration_id_   varchar2(100):=&configuration_id;
quantity_to_reserve_ number :=&revised_qty_due;
source_ref_type_db_ varchar2(100):='CO';

BEGIN
IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_RESERVATION_API.Find_And_Reserve_Part(
RES_, contract_,
   part_no_,
   configuration_id_,
   quantity_to_reserve_,
   source_ref_type_db_,
   order_no_,
   line_no_,
   rel_no_,
   line_item_no_);
   COMMIT ;
   END;

If I can get it working on a ‘Sample of 1’ - I can take it further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I use the following for Customer Order Line reservations:

IFSAPP.RESERVE_CUSTOMER_ORDER_API.Reserve_Order_Line__

Give that a go

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@CallumW - Thanks- ‘on a sample of 1’ as my old colleague used to say it works a treat.

One to test fully next week - once my hair has grown back..