Question

Print and/or email Customer Invoices?

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

We want to use “Batch Print Customer Invoices” to enable the enduser to either 1) Print 2) E-mail or 3) Print & E-mail, the invoices.

Batch Print Customer Invoices

The thing is I don’t know how to configure the Customer record and event action connected to PDF_REPORT_CREATED.

Customer Record, Email setup
Event Action for PDF_REPORT_CREATED

With above configuration the option

• “Print Only” will succesfully print the invoice
  • “E-mail” will succesfully e-mail the invoice
  • “Print/Send” will only print the invoice and not email it.

From what I can see this is because the condition “PRINTER_ID=PDF_PRINTER” on the event action. If I remove that condition the option “Print/Send” will both print and email the invoice, but so will also the option “Print Only”. 

And that is the root of my question. How to I configure IFS so that “Print Only” only prints, “E-mail” only emails (that works as far as I can see) and “Print/Send” both prints and emails?

Or as I’m writing this, have I missunderstood the concept of the “Batch Print Customer Invoices”?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The IFS Help - “actually” is very helpful in this area for a general set up. .  In the customer order screen hit F1 for page help.  See page help and then click one of the links for email. It will describe all the steps /. process. 

Regarding you question ---

I have had a fair number of clients where a set of customers did not want email invoice. This is similar to your inquiry.  One of my clients came up with a very creative solution.  They set all customers up for email. No exceptions.  Then the customers who choose not to receive email, the email address on the customer would be your companies AR / Customer Service department.  The idea is that if an invoice needs to be printed, it is printed from that email address and then mailed. I’ve shared that concept with a number of clients, and it appears to be very successful. I have not seen any complaints. 

Best regards