Solved

PO change order

• 4 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi 

We are using IFS application 10.

Recently we have upgrade Release from 10.2 to Release 12.

After this upgrade , any changes in document text in PO also triggering Purchase order change order.

Is this is bug or new process update ..?

Thanks you.

icon

Best answer by Lahiru Dissanayake 4 October 2021, 12:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Pramod, did you check whether is it only a change in document text that triggers POCO? Does any other change also trigger POCO?  Did you check whether POCO is enforced in the site screen?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @pramodka46
I noticed that some changes have been introduced to Document Text in Purchase order change orders (POCO) via the Patch ID - 157367, which was released with App 10 UPD 11. 

After the changes made via this patch, application not allows to directly change, add or delete Document Text directly in PO header/line , when Enforce use POCO is enabled in site level or when there are existing POCOs for that particular purchase order and always have to go through POCOs. 

Here is the BUG description provided by IFS product Development team . 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue- Adding Document text to PO header take 2 -3 min to save
PROCEDURE Get_Order_Info_By_Note_ID ( method is called. There is a table access full operation for the SELECT statement referred.

CURSOR get_order_no IS
         SELECT order_no, line_no, release_no
           FROM PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_TAB
          WHERE note_id = note_id_;

Customer has 40797679 Amount of data in purchase order line and therefore take considerable amount of time.
To solve the reported performance issue, create an index for note_id field for PURCHASE_ORDER_TAB and PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_TAB. An additional correction is needed when POCO is enforced or open POCO exists.  Document text should not be allowed to insert, update or delete when POCO is enforced or open POCO exists via PO header/PO lines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further I have checked the behavior in App10 UPD 10 and there, system allows to make direct changes to POs, even though “Enforce use POCO” is enabled in site level.

So, I believe this is a new change introduced via patch  157367.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Lahiru Dissanayake 

Thanks and now I know the reasons.

we are using POCO and is any way to bypass this only for document text update…?

we are using authorization rules  and users not want to follow all approval process for small document text update.

our set up need to follow routing template for POCO also.

Thanks

Pramod