Question

Package Part Tied to Shipment

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Good Evening, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a part to a Package Part on a Customer Order once a Shipment has been created and picked?  We are getting an error and wondering of a work around for this?  

Thank You

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@JStack As per my understanding we cannot add a part to the package part once it is picked in the shipment. But you can connect the new part to the same shipment. What is the business requirement to make such a change? Also, please share the error message that you are getting.

Thanks,

Chamath

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hey @Chamath Kuruppuarachchi , Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I understand what your saying but how does that item backflow to the Customer order.  To me this goes against any philosophy I have been taught by IFS to add on the Customer Order and it will either add to an existing open shipment or generate a new shipment.  

The error I am receiving is: Entering new Component Part(s) to the Package Structure not allowed when the Package Part is connected to a Shipment.

The requirement is that a customer calls right before an order ships and requests an additional part on the order.  We need the ability to add an item on the fly to an order with a package part.  Undoing the pick list is not an option because some packages could be 50-60 lines.