Overlapping Customer Schedules

• 2 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 8 replies

Hello Community;

I have a client with a fair volume of EDI orders.  One of their EDI customers submit multiple schedules for the same part delivered to the same address, but with different Purchase Order numbers.  Each schedule creates a different IFS Customer Order.  Currently, IFS updates all schedules and orders as expected, but it cancels all the order lines on all of the Customer Order except the last one it processes.  Is there a way to stop this?  Is there a way for IFS to recognize that the different customer Purchase Orders represent separate schedules, each being processed discreetly from one another? 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

You could try the use of References, using the Purchase Order number as Reference Id, and removing the use of purchase order in agreement. In this way, the system will add the new lines with different Reference Ids coming in new schedules.

I did some testing and if I change the Customer PO number in customer schedule lines, the system is getting a release exception as Customer PO number in schedule lines must be the same than the one stated in customer order header. Then, I’m not sure how you are using the different Purchase Order numbers for the same part.

Regards,

Pilar