Question

Non-Inventory Qty to Deliver

• 8 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a customer order in which the Non-Inventory Qty to Deliver is 0 while still the Non-Inventory part’s line status is Release

Any idea why is it 0 when that line is not yet shipped or reserved or invoiced ?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@geminirajesh Can you let me know what Right Mouse Button option(s) you see in Quick Order Flow Handling for your Customer Order?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Kanishka,

Below are the RMB options that I see

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @geminirajesh Thanks for the Screenshot, but I was actually asking for the RMB options available in the Quick Order Flow Handling window (Navigator path - Sales\Order\Quick Order Flow Handling) when you search for this Customer Order there to see if ‘Release’ or ‘Reserve’ option is available. What you’ve provided is the Customer Order Line RMB options not the one I was looking for.

So, please upload another Screenshot showing the Quick Order Flow Handling window RMB Options for the same Order No? If ‘Release’ or ‘Reserve’ option is there, you may try progressing this Order using that. If neither ‘Release’ nor ‘Reserve’ Options are there, what I can say is that these Customer Order(s) are stuck in a way that you can’t [Functionally] explain how it happened and why.

Normally, as soon as a Customer Order Header is ‘Released’, the system sets the ‘Non-Inventory Qty to Deliver’ value for any existing Non-Inventory Customer Order Line with Zero ‘Non-Inventory Qty to Deliver’ to be same as the ‘Sales Quantity’ (I can’t see the Order Header status in your Screen Shots, but I believe it is ‘Released’ or ‘Confirmed’ in your case also).

So, if it is latter case above (I.e. neither ‘Release’ nor ‘Reserve’ RMB Options are there in Quick Order Flow Handling screen), yet this is something you need to get investigated/fixed, I suggest you log a Support Case for this. Then IFS Support will investigate this further and find a way to correct this for you (It will most probably be a Data correction I should say).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The non inventory quantity to deliver can depend on the supply code.  

In the below example I have two different non inventory sales parts and order lines in the same status. 

For the first record, this could be seen as a non-inventory part that will be provided by your facility - with a non-inventory quantity to deliver. 

The second line would be similar but is to be provided by an outside supplier. In this example the supply code Purchase order Direct represents a flow where an outside supplier will deliver the sales part to the customer. It is not something your facility will deliver - hence the non-inventory quantity to deliver is set as 0. 

Both records - were at same status.   - Check your supply code. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi, 

The non inventory quantity to deliver can depend on the supply code.  

In the below example I have two different non inventory sales parts and order lines in the same status. 

For the first record, this could be seen as a non-inventory part that will be provided by your facility - with a non-inventory quantity to deliver. 

The second line would be similar but is to be provided by an outside supplier. In this example the supply code Purchase order Direct represents a flow where an outside supplier will deliver the sales part to the customer. It is not something your facility will deliver - hence the non-inventory quantity to deliver is set as 0. 

Both records - were at same status.   - Check your supply code. 

Best regards, 

Hi @Thomas Peterson, When I look at the @geminirajesh’s Screenshot (Reproduced below), you can’t see any supply/service objects against his Customer Ordre Line (Of course the Header should be Released to get a pegged object created, and that’s why I was wondering if it isn’t the case by any chance).

So, if the problem is with a line under a ‘Released’ Header, we can presume there is no problem with the sourcing option,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

@Kanishka Dilana   I see no screen print of the customer order header.  Why should we assume, the order was released.