Question

NavigationLink parameters on IFS page list filters

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

Currently I am trying to create a command group type Navigation Link and have the parameters of the selected Customer carry over to the linked page.

For example, I am trying to have a customer be selected on the customer analysis page and depending on what customer is selected, add that customer id as a filter on the AR Customer Invoices Analysis page.​​​​​​​

Currently, this is the setup of my command group, but it doesn’t affect the filter of the AR Customer Invoices Analysis page.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, 

I think this is a generic issue with all pages that does not have a ‘search’ and instead uses a ‘filter’.

I have experienced same in ‘Customer Invoices with Interest and Fine Analysis’ and what is common between that page and your ‘AR Customer Invoices Analysis’ is that they both do not have a search option.

Tested my theory using the MC interest and fine analysis screen and it too cannot populate based on the filters passed. 

For a page that has this search, the navigator filter conditions we pass would become that page’s search. Like in the MC Customer Invoice Analysis below.

My guess is this is a limitation.

But why not ask from IFS Framework team?

Hope this helps,

Asanka