Solved

MOQ per sales part and per customer

• 17 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

How can we define a Minimum Order Quantity per sales part and per customer?

icon

Best answer by Dilan Senevirathne 18 June 2022, 08:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Anupa Arachchige 

For a sales part you can define  Min Sales qty as below.

When it comes to a customer you can use “Customer Agreement” window to specify a MOQ for a specific part.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Anupa Arachchige 

For a sales part you can define  Min Sales qty as below.

When it comes to a customer you can use “Customer Agreement” window to specify a MOQ for a specific part.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Hi Tharaka,

Thank you for the reply.

The customer wants to define a MOQ which is specific for a customer and a sales part at the same time. 

Is there any other option where we can define this?

In the agreement, I believe we can insert a CO line with a quantity below than the MOQ defined in the Agreement, where we do not get any popup message.

Please let me know!

Anupa

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Anupa Arachchige 

You can use either Sales Price List or Customer Agreements to specify Moq for a particular customer. 
But as you said in both occasion the users can order qty less than the specified Moq. 
So this methods cannot be used as control mechanism as there is no information message or error message involved.  

But the users can check the “Price Source” of the customer order line to check whether they have exceeded the Moq set by the business. 

As per the below image you can see that “Price Source” of Line 1 and 3 are Price List and Agreement.

If the ordering qty has not exceeded the Moq set in Sales Price List or Customer Agreements, CO line will not be generated thru either Sales Price List or Customer Agreement. 

In CO line 2 I entered less qty that what I specified in ales Price List or Customer Agreement and that is why Price Source is “Sales Part” .

Otherwise the customer has to go for a custom event where users will be notified whenever they entered less qty than the Moq.

Best Regards,
Tharaka. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Anupa Arachchige 

You can use either Sales Price List or Customer Agreements to specify Moq for a particular customer. 
But as you said in both occasion the users can order qty less than the specified Moq. 
So this methods cannot be used as control mechanism as there is no information message or error message involved.  

But the users can check the “Price Source” of the customer order line to check whether they have exceeded the Moq set by the business. 

As per the below image you can see that “Price Source” of Line 1 and 3 are Price List and Agreement.

If the ordering qty has not exceeded the Moq set in Sales Price List or Customer Agreements, CO line will not be generated thru either Sales Price List or Customer Agreement. 

In CO line 2 I entered less qty that what I specified in ales Price List or Customer Agreement and that is why Price Source is “Sales Part” .

Otherwise the customer has to go for a custom event where users will be notified whenever they entered less qty than the Moq.

Best Regards,
Tharaka. 

Thank you for the detailed explanation and suggestion.

Anupa