Question

Is there any process exist to read that EDIFACT files in IFS?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

One of our clients is getting EDIFACT files from their customer to load invoices, is there any process exist to read that EDIFACT files in IFS?

Do we have any IFS Customer using EDIFACT who can share their experience? 

I would be really happy to see your reply and appreciate it.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Harsha,

As you may know, the standard format for EDI messages in IFS doesn’t follow the standard EDIFACT. Normally, customer’s EDI provider is able to convert the existing EDIFACT files in the format expected by IFS, that you can retrieve from Interface Browser info (xml and xsd definitions).

Other EDI providers access directly to the In_message_tab and In_message_line_tab to insert the EDI fields directly in database, as per the field definition available in ‘About EDI Messages’ online help.

Please, contact me if you need additional information.

Regards,

Pilar Franco

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Harsha,

As you may know, the standard format for EDI messages in IFS doesn’t follow the standard EDIFACT. Normally, customer’s EDI provider is able to convert the existing EDIFACT files in the format expected by IFS, that you can retrieve from Interface Browser info (xml and xsd definitions).

Other EDI providers access directly to the In_message_tab and In_message_line_tab to insert the EDI fields directly in database, as per the field definition available in ‘About EDI Messages’ online help.

Please, contact me if you need additional information.

Regards,

Pilar Franco

Hi @Pilar Franco 

but can’t we use a non xml file or for what purpose is this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Harsha,

That is possible meanwhile there is a customized transformer that handles the file received and converts into the EDI fields that system is expecting. At the end, system must understand where each field value is located so the Incoming Receive Customer Order bizapi can then insert such values in In_message tables.

Regards,

Pilar

Badge +1

HI @Pilar Franco could you provide more information on this topic? Which transformers are you using exactly? and how do you handle field mapping from edifact to json? Thank you very much :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anna.schnetzler,

This kind of transformers must be customized with an xsl or java language by a developer (software engineer). But, as said, the most common option is that your EDI provider makes this transformation to the json file format expected by IFS and then this file is directly read by IFS and integrated in the system.

Regards,

Pilar

Badge +1

Hi @Pilar Franco thank you very much for the promt reply. I highly appriciate your feedback. Can you may be reccoment any developer, who has done this kind customization in the past? 

Bets regards,

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anna.schnetzler,

I guess that your IFS or Partner Consulting organization can handle this requirement as a service request. Bear in mind that this kind of customizations normally need also maintenance to adapt the transformer to any change applied to the standard EDI messages (new fields or fixes). This happens sometimes as a result of bug fixes or enhancements in new releases.

Regards,

Pilar

Badge +1

Hi @Pilar Franco actually we are IFS Partner and evaluating the option for our customer to create customized transformers, since our customer has only 3 EDI Customers, whoch use EDIFACT format. Can you share with me, if some other putners or IFS customers have expirinece in this customazation? 

Thank you and best regards,

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anna.schnetzler,

The customers I know that used this option of customizing transformers requested this customization to IFS Consulting and the transformer were developed by them. Sorry, but I don’t know about technical details or if this is a very complex option to develop. I suppose that any developer experienced in Middle Tier and Developer Studio should be able to do it.

Regards,

Pilar

Badge +1

One of our clients is getting EDIFACT files from their customer to load invoices, is there any process exist to read that EDIFACT files in IFS?

Do we have any IFS Customer using EDIFACT who can share their experience? 

I would be really happy to see your reply and appreciate it.

Hi @Harsha Siriwardhana Harsha, were you be able to find a solution for your customer? We are fasing the same issue and looking desperetly for solution. Our Customer recieve EDIFACT, we need to convert it and proceed. Did you use transformers for this? if yes, which one? THANK YOU!