Question

IFS APPS 10 Batch File process returning ORA-20110

• 17 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

I created a scheduled Batch Load job to input an external Bank Reconciliation .csv filed saved to a folder location on the server. When setting up the External File Template, I believe I configured the ‘Input Files’ section correctly. I have a File Name and Input File Directory. When I run the Scheduled Database Task, I receive the following error:

ORA-20110: ExternalFileUtility.File \\servername\External\BankReconciliation\filename.csv not exist   

EDIT: I can upload the external file successfully from the same location using Online processing.

Can anyone suggest possible solutions to fix this error?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +2

Without seeing how the batch job is configured, it is hard to troubleshoot this error.  

Quick questions:

Is the file name explicit in the batch job or are you using a parameter?

Does the file name need to be the same each time?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks. The file name is explicit and does not use a parameter and the file name will be the same each time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear Chris,

you must modify the System Parameters for Accounting Rules (Accounting Rules\Basic Data\System Parameters for Accounting Rules ). The parameter SERVER_DIRECTORY

SERVER_DIRECTORY NULL The default value is NULL. If this parameter is not defined, then it is not possible to execute an external file in batch mode in any of the external interfaces in IFS Financials. If this parameter is defined, it must use a valid server path where the Oracle server can read/write files.

must be a mapping on a path server directory like : 

create or replace directory INT_IN_DIR

as '/exploit/appli/pnvfr1/data/echange';

you replace NULL of server_directory with INT_IN_DIR.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

more on IFS foundation : 

Foundation1 / Administration Guide / Integration / Ifs Applications Business Components / Ext Vouchers I / 

About SERVER_DIRECTORY

In the window System Parameters for Accounting Rules (in Accounting Rules) it is possible to define a value for the parameter SERVER_DIRECTORY.

By default the attribute SERVER_DIRECTORY has the parameter value NULL. As long as NULL is defined it will not be possible to run the External Voucher Assistant in batch mode.

This must be a directory defined in the oracle database which is set to valid server path.

Specifying a directory example: (as appowner)

create or replace directory EXT_DIRas 'C:\OraDB\A\ExternalFiles';

Note: Oracle is deprecating the UTL_FILE_DIR initialization parameter with Oracle 12.2, therefore the previous use of UTL_FILE_DIR in System Parameters for Accounting Rules is also depricated now.