Solved

How to email customer that their Business Opportunity is going to/has expired?

• 9 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I would like to set up a process that notifies the customer that their Business Opportunity is going to expire in a week, 5 days, 3 days, and when the BO has actually expired. I can set up an event action to handle when a field has changed… so I’m thinking about having a daily database task that updates a custom field that represents how many days until this BO expires, and basing the event off of that.

My only issue is the email portion, for the Business Opportunity, the contact email is not available for the entity. How can I set this up so that field appears on the BO? Obviously IFS has the entity connection set up since the Contacts appear on the BO page, but I cannot access that BusinessObjectContact entity from the BO entity, to add in a custom field that references the email.

How should I approach this? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan 

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 19 May 2023, 15:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Another user suggested using the Send_Mail function in IFS by adding it as a custom action on a projection. This allows for emails to be sent via workflows (although I am still testing that process).

Using this, with a scheduled report print to trigger your event action, allows your workflow to be run every day, checking the expiration date for all Business Opportunities, and sending emails out to the ones that are about to expire.

Thanks,
Bryan