Question

Help with SalesMessageService.ReceiveCustomerOrder

• 6 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey,

We are creating Incoming Customer Orders from the SalesMessageService API and I would like to understand the meaning of some of the ReceiveCustomerOrder invoke action attributes: EanLocationDocAddr, EanLocationDelAddr, EanInvoiceAddressLocation

My questions:

1: How is the customer (drop down) determined (it seems to be by EanLocationDelAddr)?

2: What is the exact meaning of EanLocationDocAddr?

3: What is the difference between Invoice Customer (Drop Down) and EanInvoiceAddressLocation? Is the first derived from the second? What if there is a standard invoice address set at the customer level?

Thanks for helping me understand the logic behind.

Regards,
Thorsten

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Just as additional information. This question is regarding a customer running IFS Cloud.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

1. Yes, in order to find the customer id in IFS, system retrieves the value of EanLocationDelAddr and searches for the customer. Then, delivery address is also mapped against EanLocationDelAddr. In fact, if customer_no is not provided in EDI (which is the normal situation cause our customers don’t need to know our customer id value), if EanLocationDelAddr is not carrying any value or this has not been configured in any customer address, system raises an error: “Customer Info could not be found using the EAN Address Location. Either it is not unique for only one customer, or it does not exist. Please review the setup of Customer''s Own Address ID”
  2. EanLocationDocAddr is the naming convention that customer uses to name their document address. So then, system maps this value to find the corresponding document address in customer order header.
  3. EanInvoiceAddressLocation is used to find the Invoice customer to be used in the customer order, as well as the invoice address id of the Invoice Customer

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Regards,

Pilar