Solved

Fixed Freight Amount not appearing on Order Confirmations

• 27 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

For the Order Confirmations for Customer Orders, the Fixed Freight amounts don’t appear on these forms. I have them accessible on Invoices but not on Confirmation of Customer Orders. The Delivery Term for fixed freight has the calculate freight charge set to yes, and the collect freight charge also set to yes.

How do I get these to appear on this form? I’ve gone through the view via a quick sql report and there were no records of the fixed freight amount.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by AsankaGaru 27 April 2023, 20:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

If you have ‘Collect Freight Charge’ toggle set to yes in delivery terms, it means the freight charges calculated for any customer order line using this term, will have the ‘Collect’ toggle set to yes by default.

This means, unless you unmark ‘collect charge’ in the order,  your customer will not be invoiced for these. I do not understand how you would see these charges in the invoice therefore.

There is another toggle in the charge line that is called ‘Print Collect Charge’. If this is not ‘yes’, then the standard IFS order confirmation (invoice is not affected as this is a collect charge. Customer does not know about its details) will only print a charge sum, based on each charge group.

If you have the ‘Print collect charge’ set to yes, standard IFS order confirmation looks like below.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @AsankaGaru,

We are not using the charges tab, we are using the field called “Fixed Delivery Freight Amount” in the Freight section of the Order Details Tab. Once you switch the field “Apply Fixed Delivery Freight” to Yes, you can input the Fixed Delivery Freight Amount

I can view and access freight charges if they are added to the customer order via the charges tab, but that is not what we are using.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

IFS uses what you enter in the order details to generate a charge line for you.

When I use apply fixed delivery freight, I calculate/consolidate freight from the customer order header to see the freight. This creates a fixed delivery freight line for me. ( If I did not do it, IFS will automatically calculate freight at release) That charge line will have the collect, print collet charge etc marked based on my settings which affects printing as explained before. But I can change these defaults.

Do you mean you do not have any freight charge in the customer order’s charge tab? Even if you do not see any charge in customer order, you have one in the invoice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @AsankaGaru,

I was missing that “Calculate Freight Charges” section, you answered my question perfectly.

Thanks,
Bryan