Question

Finding a customer when they have the same name

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

We deal with many wholesaler chains. where they can have 400+ branches throughout the country, all with the same name.

In our current system (Dynamics AX) we are able to search for the company name, and then search on e.g. city, post code etc to narrow down our search.

There are no screens in IFS (that we can find) that allow you to narrow down your search criteria to allow you to find a specific wholesaler branch.

Currently, in IFS we can only search on Name and Country, this means we have to search through 400+ companies until we find the correct branch.

Has anyone come across this issue? Did you find a solution?

Thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Not sure what version you are using (V9, V10, or Cloud), this screen is from V9

Use the Customer 360 View

Open search by Name = 38

Adding just the country = 1

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

We are cloud.

They appear to have removed the search from the 360 view (as it is now a lobby) in cloud.

You have to find the customer first in other screens before opening the 360 lobby for them.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Looking at the Cloud version of Customer 360, it is pretty unhelpful, it can’t even be searched by name out of the box so it has regressed from version 9 in functionality like many other things Cloud related.

(saw your reply as I posted mine) - agree, very poor in Cloud

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@EILCTHOMPSON 

Here you can get a new Custom Page created (Steps will be given as a new reply) to display the Customer Addresses as below. Then you can not only search  for the Address Level Details, you can simply add a Custom Command to access the Standard Customer form from there,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@EILCTHOMPSON  Given below are the steps (In a Higher Level though) to create this Custom page in IFS Cloud,

1. Select CustomerInfoAddress Entity in Entity Configuration window,

1. Approve and Publish it
  1. Open Projection Configuration page and create new Projection (I’ve used both CustomerInfo and CustomerInforAddress entities, but you only need CustomerInforAddress you published above)

1. Publish it and create new Page Configuration
  2. Open the Page and give a Name to your Page, add a Selector (Use CustomerInfoAddress set), List (Use CustomerInfoAddress set) using Page designer as appropriate,
  1. Add a NavigationLink type Custom Command that can be used to Navigate to the Standard Customer form when needed
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

Thanks for this, there appears to be a step missing around step 1. Did you have to add an attribute?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

Thanks for this, there appears to be a step missing around step 1. Did you have to add an attribute?

Thanks

No that’s not needed.

I added it just in case, I don’t think I used that Custom field elsewhere afterwards (Initially, I was thinking of adding a ‘Clickable Hyperlink’ type field to CustomerAddressLine to Zoom in to Customer Record, but later decided to use a NavigationLink type Custom Command to achieve the same), 

So, you can directly start with Step 3 (I.e. creating the new Projection configuration) and try this with a simple Projection configuration having standard CustomerInforAddress entity attached to it. Ideally it should work. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I feel like something isn’t right with mine.

Entity and Datasource Entity Set on the Page Configuration arent pulling in, and if i click on the drop drown arrow it says ‘(No Data)’.

Any thoughts?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Looking at CustomerInfoAddress its not quite right, as I would only want to see a list of the primary address per customer.

As standard we weren’t going to put a Company Name in per address (as all of the addresses are for the one company), so the Name field is blank in CustomerInfoAddress.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON,

I see you’ve logged Case ID CS0088600 for this so we can use it to further discuss this with IFS Product Development and see if we can get some improvements for Core system. 

Sametime, if you need further help in getting above Custom Window changed to show only the relevant records (Have a filter to only show Primary addresses), etc.. we can have a Screen sharing session via above Support Case (I’ve already spoken to the IFS Consultant handling it and he’s fine with that). So, please be kind enough to update the above Support Case CS0088600 if you need further assistance/clarification on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, I would prefer to see a solution in the core system. I was just looking for a fast way to mock something up so our marketing/sales team could see how they could search for companies.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON 

As per Case ID CS0088600 latest comments, I got the feeling it is unlikely that we get the Search option back for Customer 360 view (At least current Cloud versions).

So, to assist you further in finding a workable solution to this, I looked back at our Custom window option and by adding a Read Only Custom field against CustomerInfoAddress entity, we can simply fetch Customer’s Name (Not the Address Name) also to our Custom page (together with all the other Address specific attributes), so that you can search for Customer’s Name + values like Address 1, Address 2, or even Full Address details at once. See below,

1. Add a Custom field of type Read Only (Say CUSTOMER_NAME),

1.  Use a SQL Select Statement to fetch Customer Name from Customer record (You can use Expression, Referenced Value options also if needed),

1. Follow the Steps 2-6 in my Second comments to create the Custom Page. There you can search for Customer’s Name + any Address specific attributes as follows,