Question

EDI Samples

• 25 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Does any one have some samples of xml files to be used on EDI flows for IFS 10?

flows we are using and testing in a portuguese customer are:

• Receive Files for
    • Customer Order
    • Customer Order Change
    • Purchase Order Confirmation
    • Supplier Dispatch Advice
    • Supplier Invoice
    • Purchase Price Catalog
  • Sent Files
    • Customer Order Response
    • Customer Dispatch Advice
    • Customer Invoice
    • Customer Agreement
    • Price List
    • Purchase Order
    • Purchase Change Order

Regards

VS

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @TimVascoS 

generally, you can export all files from IFS by yourself.

At first you have to set up the message classes in customer.

For example:

Then I recommend you to import a customer order (ORDERS). After approvig it IFS generates a customer order which you can send with RMB (export ORDRSP).

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi thanks for the information.

Do you have any sample of files to be imported?

Or should we used the same xml format file for example:

• Purchase Order should be same xml format of Customer Order

VS

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @TimVascoS 

to be honest we import only ORDERS until now. I have already attached a sample for you. Please have a look. We generate customer orders with this sample.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks.

VS

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @TimVascoS 

I hope you could find the information in the interface browser.

Go to the <your IFS url>/interfacebrowser and look for the 

InboundDistributionTransactions in the web services. There you could find the WSDL and sample XMLs

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @TimVascoS 

I hope you could find the information in the interface browser.

Go to the <your IFS url>/interfacebrowser and look for the 

InboundDistributionTransactions in the web services. There you could find the WSDL and sample XMLs

Regards,

Damith

For the messages send from IFS, check the OutboundDistributionTransactions.

Here’s how to see the sample XMLs.

Click on IFS Connect WS tab and click on the message you need examples

Eg;

Then you should see the sample XML and XSD

Hope the blogpost below would give more details on how to do B2B integrations with IFS using SOAP messaging.

https://dsj23.me/2022/03/20/soap-integrations-with-ifs/

Best Regards,

Damith

Badge +2

I am working on something similar. I checked out the blog post by @dsj which is very useful, but I have seen posts from IFS stating that BizAPIs and the Interface Browser are deprecated functionality in IFS Cloud and are meant to be replaced by the REST APIs in API Explorer. 

Is there a way to get this working using REST APIs in IFS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @alexlegatzke 

In IFS cloud, BizApis are deprecated and you need to use the REST APIs (projections) instead.

Read following Tech docs for more information on integrations in IFS cloud

Integration Best Practises - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

We did some search and found out several of the replaced projections for EDI flows. The list is not complete and hope others will help out to fill the missing pieces.

EDI Message

EDI Code

Projection Action

Supplier Invoices

INVOIC

ReceiveSupplierInvoiceService.ReceiveSupplierInvoices

Supplier Invoice

INVOIC

ReceiveSupplierInvoiceService.ReceiveSupplierInvoice

Incoming Purchase Order Confirmation

ORDRSP

ProcurementMessageService.ReceivePurchaseOrderResponse

Incoming Price Catalog

PRICAT

ProcurementMessageService.ReceivePriceCatalog

Dispatch Advice

DESADV

ReceiptMessageService.ReceiveDispatchAdvice

Badge +2

@dsj This is a better start than I have been able to find anywhere online! I am still a bit worried since it seems to be exclusively inbound operations here. If you happen to come across anything related to outbound (I am trying to start with 810/Invoice specifically), I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @alexlegatzke ,

Looking over the routing address and routing rule examples in IFS Cloud 22R2 the outbound for an 810 Invoice or 856 Advanced Shipment Notification typically would use an drop a files onto an FTP or FTPS server at your EDI trading partner who would process the file.  The file being dropped by default now would be a JSON file format although you could transform it to an XML format.  

Do you need to call a Restful API from you EDI partner?

We just now beginning our journey from IFS Application 10 to IFS Cloud 22R2 and I was extremely worried about EDI as we have some large customers we interface to using EDI.  After reviewing some of the documentation and using the demo IFS Cloud environment I’m feeling better about integrating with our existing EDI partner.  We will need to convert the outbound file to XML using a transformer and we will need to convert the inbound XML to JSON using a transformer.  I haven’t reviewed the data payloads yet so I’m not sure all the data we currently receive and send will be present using the IFS Cloud projections but we will work it out.

We are considering potentially leveraging Boomi as our EDI partner as well to centralize leveraging one partner to handle many of our integration requirements.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@alexlegatzke 

You can see the definitions of outbound APIs in Outbound Message Viewer. Here you can find the sample payloads for the messages.

Outbound Message Viewer - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

I think what you are looking for is FinancialConnectorIntegrationService

Hope it will be useful!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

...We will need to convert the outbound file to XML using a transformer and we will need to convert the inbound XML to JSON using a transformer.  ...

Regards,

William Klotz

Hello William, could you please share your journey? I'm interested to know if the approach mentioned by you has been applied successfully. I'm also wondering if there is a possibility not only to translate from/to JSON/XML using a transformer but also to map fields from EDI messages to IFS Cloud projection fields. Are there any mappings between EDI and Cloud projection for different types of messages?

Best regards

Bart