Solved

Display several "case details" fields in "cases overview" list

• 24 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

Is it possible to bring on the cases overview screen elements from the case details screen? i.e. Customer description field in case details (which is a subgroup of the case details info), needs to be brought as part of the Relationship Management>Call Center> Cases> Cases list. 

Thank you.

paul.

icon

Best answer by anmise 18 November 2022, 09:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Looks like it’s not that straightforward without modifying the system view (IFSAPP.CC_CASE_OVERVIEW) to include the desired fields via left joins, and once modified, I hope there’s a way to include the new columns in the filters. If there’s any other way, please let me know. 

Userlevel 7

Hello,

Is it possible to bring on the cases overview screen elements from the case details screen? i.e. Customer description field in case details (which is a subgroup of the case details info), needs to be brought as part of the Relationship Management>Call Center> Cases> Cases list. 

Thank you.

paul.

Which version of the application are you running? It should be possible to do with either custom fields or just screen configurations, depending on the specific fields.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello Anmise,

I’m looking specifically for “Our Resolution” field, from case details. The idea is to make it searchable from the case overview screen and filter cases by %keyword%. I have some custom fields in the header (additional details), and those are easy to bring in via screen configuration and add it to the “column chooser”. We’re running APPS 10 UPD16, in a cloud environment.  

Userlevel 7

Hello Anmise,

I’m looking specifically for “Our Resolution” field, from case details. The idea is to make it searchable from the case overview screen and filter cases by %keyword%. I have some custom fields in the header (additional details), and those are easy to bring in via screen configuration and add it to the “column chooser”. We’re running APPS 10 UPD16, in a cloud environment.  

Ok, there are two ways I can see that you can do this quite easily. 

On is to save an advanced query in the users base profile, where they can search for the “Our Resolution” field. 

Open search, click on Advanced and enter the following in the where clause section

&AO.Cc_Case_Description_API.Get_Our_Resolution(case_id) like '%&OUR_RESOLUTION%'

That would result in a prompt for users to enter their search.

The second option is to create a read-only custom field, and using an expression to get the resolution.