Solved

Customer Order sequence generation

• 28 February 2022
  • 11 replies

Hi! 

I’m trying to create a new Coordinator Groups for customer order sequence generation.
I entered Customer Order No to 1000 but when creating a customer order its starting at 5262658

I’ve checked that there is no Customer orders in this Group. Using IFS9.
Am i doing something wrong?​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 1 March 2022, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

What is the default coordinator of the user creating the customer order?

If no default is set, what coordinator was set for the order on creation?

@ShawnBerk I did not have a default coordinator but changed it to my user.
When i created the customer i used my own user as a coordinator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @philipv ,

We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 so some of my screenshots may not match IFS Application 9.

I think @ShawnBerk  is correct you need to set your user to use a default coordinator so the system knows what to do.   My user has a default coordinator set to E so when I enter an order all my customer orders start with E and since we began with 1000 my first customer order was E1000.

I think IFS uses the * as the default coordinator group if one isn’t specified.   In my example my user has the coordinator group set to E - ERP Support.   We began all our coordinator groups to start at 1000 we assigned different letters depending on the departments to keep track of who was creating what customer order.   The E coordinator group is only used for testing purposes.

You can set the default coordinator group for the user within the user record like below.   

You can also go here to add or edit coordinators.

Regards,

William Klotz

Hi @william.klotz and @ShawnBerk 

Ok! Lets start from beginning. I’m now adding a new Coordinator Group with ID: Z

I’m adding myself to Coordinator Group Z and saving:

Now when i created a customer order it’s still not starting at what i entered in Coordinator Groups:

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @philipv ,

Are they using the same prefix? Can you show your Coordinator Groups settings?

Servet

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @philipv ,

I guess now i got your problem.

As i know IFS is using same sequence for all Coordinator Groups.  That is why whatever you do you get the same number with different prefix. That is why we did something like this in our configuration:

As you can see we created some kind of starting number for each coordinator group in the same sequence. Since they are using the same sequence.

I hope this works for your scenario too.

Regards

Servet

@servetsc  Hi!
Here is my prefix setup and No setup:
Currently i’m testing ID: Z that is marked.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi again,

I guess The Customer Order Number 10001 is already occupied. Can you try to put on Customer Order No in your setup something greater than your last Customer Order Number like 10000000 ? I guess it can clarify that we only have one sequence for Customer Order.

Regards

servet

@servetsc It did not work either, i tried to change Customer Order No to 10000000 but it continues on the same sequence. 

I tried to create a new ID: V and put 999000 that is not occupied but it continues on the same sequence..

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @philipv,

It looks interesting and i guess i am out of ideas. :)

Maybe some technical problem or there is some kind of modification on this in your system. I am not sure.

Servet

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @philipv ,

From everything you’ve posted the configuration should be working.   @servetsc maybe correct your system could have a modification or custom event that is interfering with the number sequence setup in the coordinator group.   If you have access to custom events could you see what custom events are configured in your system in particular to the Customer Order table.   If your in a test environment you could try disabling the custom events against the Customer Order table.

Regards,

William Klotz