Question

Customer Order Promised Date

• 17 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In previous versions of IFS (APPS9 AND APPS10), if the order confirmation was printed for a customer order, a change in the target delivery date on customer order lines would not update the promised delivery date.  However, in IFS cloud 22R2, updating the target delivery date does update the promised delivery date. Please advise if this is a bug or intended functionality.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @laurapatzka04,

I tried this in 22R2 SUPD4 and it worked as you’d expect (i.e. the Promised Delivery Date did not update).

Which SUPD are you on?  Any possible chance the Order Confirmation did not print somehow?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Astfarazt,

I created a new order and updated the the Target Delivery date. After saving the Promised Delivery Date also changed. The Customer is on SUPD1. See the screen shot below of my Customer Order.

I was not abel to print the Order Confirmation but selected Preview and then OK.

Please advise If I should just open a case with IFS to investigate.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

One last thing I’d review before creating a case with IFS is to look within the Order Details tab and within Documents Shared to confirm that Order Confirmation is set to Yes.

If the Order Confirmation shows printed and you’re still getting the error, it’s worth a ticket.  You could also try to look in the debug console to see if there are any logs/errors being generated.  

For what it’s worth, I tried once again in a reference environment and it worked as you’d expect, so sure sounds like a bug.  

If you resolve the issue, please post back here.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Astfarazt,

Thank you for your help. I did print the order and the Documents Shared/Order Confirmation was set to YES. The Promised Date still changed.I also ran debug and seen no error logs. I will open a case with IFS. 

Badge +5

@laurapatzka04, Did you get anywhere with this? We are currently having this issue in 22.2.8.

IFS support came back and told us this was the intended function, but I have problems with seeing how rendering the promised date useless is any improvement.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@odhcomIfs Below is the response from IFS. A Custome field was created in “Handle Customer Order Shortages” table to assist our Customer

"...this is not a defect, according to new functionality that was implemented from 22R2 release. With this new functionality, (Customer order line confirmation), the user have the possibility to confirm the changes that has been made. After the Customer order confirmation is printed the Customer order line is set to confirmed. If doing any changes after this, for example changing the Planned delivery date, the Customer order line going to be unconfirmed again and the changes must be communicated again. Then after printing the Customer order confirmation again the Customer order line is set to confirmed and the changes is communicated."

Thank you,

Laura Patzka