Question

Customer order on a remote warehouse

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

In my case, I have 1 site in which I have a normal warehouse and a remote warehouse. It happens that I have an article that is in both the normal warehouse and the remote warehouse. I can use the transport task to refill the remote warehouse from the normal warehouse.

I used the remote warehouse to materialize the store part of our warehouse. In this part, the customers come to buy products, so they pick directly items by themselves. Then, they go to the cashier and the cashier enters a customer order.

Is it possible, when I make a customer order, to make IFS understand that this article must be taken from the remote warehouse and not from the normal warehouse?

Thank you :)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello,

In my case, I have 1 site in which I have a normal warehouse and a remote warehouse. It happens that I have an article that is in both the normal warehouse and the remote warehouse. I can use the transport task to refill the remote warehouse from the normal warehouse.

I used the remote warehouse to materialize the store part of our warehouse. In this part, the customers come to buy products, so they pick directly items by themselves. Then, they go to the cashier and the cashier enters a customer order.

Is it possible, when I make a customer order, to make IFS understand that this article must be taken from the remote warehouse and not from the normal warehouse?

Thank you :)

Hi,

You can consider using Availability Control IDs and connecting them accordingly. Have you checked the possibilities? 

You can define the Availability Control IDs as below,

and connect them to part-location combinations in Inventory part in stock window by RMB > Change Availability Control ID..

(if there is no Control ID connected, then keep From empty)

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Celia ,

I hope you are concerning about how the sales parts in the customer order should get reserved. This means you need to reserve parts from the remote warehouse not from the normal warehouse when a customer puts a customer order if I am not mistaken.

1. When it comes to automatic reservations in the IFS application you can set up priorities at the site level.

1. After setting up the priority , please do below settings : Create two storage zones ( 1 with the remote warehouse and another with the normal warehouse ).

​​​
  2. In the Inventory part ‘Putaway Zone’ TAB please rank your storage zone.

1. Rank 1 : Remote warehouse

2. Rank 2 : Normal warehouse

Once these settings are configured when you let the system to do automatic reservation for a customer order, it would reserve parts from the remote warehouse which is having rank 1 in the Inventory part / put away zones TAB. I have tried this and part got reserved from my remote warehouse.

Please try this and let me know your feedback.

Many Thanks,

Lumini.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When it comes to automatic reservations in the IFS application you can set up priorities at the site level. → I think on IFS 9 this option do not exist… I can’t see “automatic reservations”

Sincerely,

Célia

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Celia ,

Please note that the ‘Automatic Reservation’ prioritization functionality is not available in APPS 9. But you can still fulfill your requirement by following the  ‘Second’ and ‘third’ setups that I have mentioned in my last reply. 

what you have to do it create storage zones by assigning warehouses to each. Please make sure that the ;

1. Rank 1 : Remote warehouse

2. Rank 2 : Normal warehouse

And setup the ranking at the inventory part / ‘Putaway Zone’ TAB  (please rank your storage zones here).

Make sure that the below highlighted check box is ticketed at the site level.  

Once done with the above and  if you have ranked your remote warehouse as rank : one in the inventory part level. When doing the reservation parts would be automatically reserved from the remote warehouse. I have tried this flow and it worked as expected. 

Please check and provide a feedback. 

Many Thanks,

Lumini.