Solved

Customer Order Error Message - The Customer Order record has already been changed. Please refresh the record and reenter your changes

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In the middle of amending a customer order line the user had a quick 5 minute chat with a supervisor then clicked on Save to save the amendments made earlier.  On doing so they received the following error:

The Customer Order record has already been changed. Please refresh the record and reenter your changes.

Details.

Order No = S95520

Line No = 18

Del No = 1

Line Item No = 0

icon

Best answer by dhlelk 4 March 2021, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @johnw66,

The error exactly describes what might actually have happened while the user had a quick 5 minute chat with the supervisor.
During this 5 minutes,
1. Another user might have changed the exact Customer Order Line record or,
2. Another user might have triggered a process which would have changed the exact Customer Order Line record or,
3. A background job might have executed and changed the exact Customer Order Line record or,
4. Any other reason where the "rowversion" column of the "customer_order_line_tab" table for the exact Customer Order Line record might have changed.

Technically, the Modify__ procedure is executed when the data is edited and is eligible for an update.
For CustomerOrderLine LU, the following procedure gets executed,

In CustomerOrderLine LU, objversion_ = to_char(rowversion,'YYYYMMDDHH24MISS') holds the timestamp where the record was last modified and this serves the purpose of a locking mechanism as well.
However, there are other implementations for objversion.

You can read more about the Client Interaction mechanisms for further technical understanding.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@dhlelk 

Dhananjaya

Thank you very much for the very detailed response, this is much appreciated and backs up some of my suspicions.

Have a great day and weekend.

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@dhlelk

Dhananjaya

Thank you very much for the very detailed response, this is much appreciated and backs up some of my suspicions.

Have a great day and weekend.

John

Hi @johnw66,

You are welcome and I'm happy to help 😊

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.