Question

Customer Order Email Address

• 21 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Apps10 UPD9 - I have customer and invoice emailing working .  My question is can you have a different email address for the customer confirmation and then one for the email invoice?  

If so, what is the magic for doing this?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Elaineebi I think you can setup a new PDF_REPORT_CREATED event for the Confirmation of Customer Order and hardcode the To email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Elaineebi ,

When we went live with IFS Application 8 in 2015 we had the same requirement as you’ve stated.  What our consultants had use do is create two separate customer records.   One record is used for customer orders and shipments while the other is used just to invoice the customer.   So we setup customer #: 10000 and customer 10000-P the -P customer is used for invoicing only.   Then on the customer order customer record we link it to 10000-P customer as the invoicing customer on the Order tab.  Now we can setup two different AR contacts and one is used for customer order confirmations the other is used for invoicing.  Also on the invoicing customer on the credit tab you can link the credit limit of the invoice customer to the customer order customer so you only have to manage one credit limit.

It’s not the cleanest solution because we now have two customer records but its been working since 2015.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Elaineebi you can use PDF_REPORT_CREATED event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I second @william.klotz ‘s solution.

We do essentially the same thing - multiple customer records where required, one is for billing and is tied as the invoicing customer to the other records that are used really only for deliveries.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Rasika,

Thank you, I thought about that but I need to have it pull from a field.  Did not see a way to use a get statement to a specific field

Regards,

Elaine