Question

Customer Consignment stock value

• 5 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

I have a question regarding Customer Consignment Stock. How can we see the cost ( not the sales price on order)  for the material we have sent out on a consignment order. If we have for example  consumed/invoiced 5 pcs of total 10 pcs, how can I see the cost of the material that is not yet consumed? 

We are using version IFS10

Thanks in advance

/Caroline 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ROXCARAND , what I can think of using the Inventory Transactions History for this. You can save a Search in the window, so every time you need this information, you can view this required info for a part, site from the Inventory Transactions History. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ROXCARAND , in addition to Vimukthi’s above answer, I think you can see the not yet consumed qty of your Customer Consignment parts from Customer Consignment Stock Consumptions window. And you can simply multiply this qty by the part cost to find out the cost of the material that is not yet consumed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you look at the Help documentation:

Consignment Stock at your Warehouse

Inventory Valuation Method

Inventory valuation method for a part is specified in the Inventory Part window Misc Part Info tab. If parts are consignment handled, it is only possible to use Standard Cost as the inventory valuation method for the specified part.

Use of Delivery Overhead with Consignment Stock

When using a factor for the delivery overhead together with a consignment handled part, the system will create a delivery overhead posting at every consumption, taking into consideration the factor and the number of pieces consumed.
When using a fixed delivery overhead together with a consignment handled part, the system will create a delivery overhead posting with the whole amount at every consumption.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

When customer consignment stock consumption is recorded, CO-CONSUME transaction is created with M1 -inventory/M24 -COGS postings in the inventory transaction history with the customer order reference.

You can find cost of customer consignment material consumed by the customer via  CO-CONSUME transactions

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@ROXCARAND You can have three Custom Fields defined as follows and get the Total Value of unconsumed Consignment Stock populated on to Sales\Customer\Consignment Stock\Customer Consignment Stock Consumptions screen,

Reference Path to fetch Accounting Currency, CustomerConsignmentStock=>SalesPart(Catalog_No)=>Site(Contract)=>CompanyFinance(Company).Currency_Code

Reference Path to fetch Part Cost, CustomerConsignmentStock=>SalesPart(Catalog_No)=>InventoryPart(Part_No).Estimated_Material_Cost (You may use a difference reference path based on your requirement. I’m using Part’s Estimated Material Cost as an example only)

Meta data Expression for fetching Total Consignment Stock Value,

Arguments : v.CONTRACT, v.CATALOG_NO, v.CUSTOMER_NO, v.ADDR_NO

Select Statement : select v.CF$_Part_Cost * v.consignment_stock_qty from Customer_Consignment_Stock_cfv v where (v.CONTRACT=:CONTRACT and v.CATALOG_NO=:CATALOG_NO and v.CUSTOMER_NO=:CUSTOMER_NO and v.ADDR_NO=:ADDR_NO)

Result,