Question

Customer Collective invoice is per site

• 22 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

Per my understanding Customer Collective invoice is per site.

In another words, that means Ifs is not able to group in one invoice, customer orders related to different sites.

1/ Am I correct ?

2/ I don’t understand the reason, Ifs has this limitation. Can someone explain ?

3/ Which work around solution can be found ?

Thanks for your time.

Xavier

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It’s not really a limitation.  If nothing else it’s because you may have different Tax rules for the same customer on different sites where the Supply Country is different.  For example, we have a site in UK and one in Belgium.  If we ship/invoice to a customer from the UK site it’s Tax Rule A; if we ship from the Belgian site, it’s Tax Rule B.

Linda

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your reply.

But, both sites have are in the same country, so same tax rules are applicable. Thus in both invoices every values are the same, except the site. 

And the site is a field in the header of invoice and seems mandatory !

A+

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Just because in your case the same country and tax rules apply, the functionality accommodates the potential requirement for different tax rules hence Collective Invoicing is site specific.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Understood.

But it’s a real limitation because even if there is no different taxe rule between sites, Ifs is not able to create one collective invoice.

Any work around solutions ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I would also see this as a limitation. If you have multi-site setup in the same company, I believe the system should allow for Collective Invoice to be created at Company level and not Site level. But I guess since the Collective Invoice is also a CO Invoice, it’s difficult to have it done at company level since orders/sales parts are site specific.

A modification in this area is not recommended due to high complexity of the invoicing engine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you for your comment Marcel.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but an invoice, even collective invoice, is always at company level ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@XAIVFR well the invoice postings will always be company specific. Invoices coming from Customer Orders (Normal or Collective) are always site specific since sales parts / deliveries will be site specific also. The only invoices that are not site specific are Project Invoices and Instant Invoices, but you can’t use any of these to invoice Customer Orders.

So, having an option somewhere at company level to toggle between Collective Invoice per Site or Collective Invoice per Company would be a good idea I believe. Maybe you could submit this as an idea.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the update.

Regarding the site level because “sales parts / deliveries will be site specific also” this could be on invoice line level, for instance.

I created the Idea :