Skip to main content
Question

Custom Fields in the Issue from Inventory / Unissue from Inventory

• 10 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Our German site needs the below development to comply with a legal requirement there [The document outgoing material (“Materialausgabe”). has the fields document number (“Belegnummer”), a document date (“Datum”, here 09-01-2024) and the receiver of the material (“Subunternehmer”) ]

In order to fullfil that, ideally we should have the below mentioned custom columns when we issue or unissue materials via Project Navigator > Demand >  Misc. Parts > Issue from Inventory / unissue to Inventory

1. Date,
  2. Unique dispatch number,
  3. Material and quantity,
  4. Name of subcontractor

These details need to be fechted to somewhere like the overview ‘Inventory Part in Stock’

Because based on the “Materialausgabe” only generated separately, not a report through IFS] they would issue / unissue materials. Has anyone modified IFS9 for this / similar requirement? I do understand that introducing custom fields on a popup such as ‘Issue from Inventory’ might be challenging though. 

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Asela 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Asela Munasinghe haven’t work on such a topic, but just some ideas. If this is just a legal reporting requirement, can’t you just fetch the material issue transactions linked to a project from Inventory Transactions History? There you would have the Date / Transaction_Id (Unique Dispatch Number) / material and qty. Then based on the order_ref probably you could find the subcontractor/supplier? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Marcel, that’s indeed a good idea. 

I’d like to find any contacts from the IFS DACH user group whose businesses might be complying with this requirement. 

Grzegorz Byrski Is it possible to put me in touch with a representative from the IFS DACH user group?