Solved

Custom Event Before Release of Customer Order

• 12 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Help Please.

I would like to create a custom event that checks, before release of the customer order, whether any charges have been added if the total order value is less than £150.  If there are no charges, then popup a warning message.

I can get the event to work on order creation, but cant get it to warn when RMC Release.?

My event and action looks like this.  This is in IFS Apps10.

Event
ACtion

Background jobs show this

Any help much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 14 March 2022, 04:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@cisherwood If you want a Po-up message to be displayed, your ‘Order type’ Setup should be set up for Online Processing. I’ve tried tis myself with one of the IFSAPPS10 Reference systems, and got this to work,

Otherwise, it will always be a Background job error (as in your case). This is because, in ‘Core’ version of IFSAPP10, any Customer Order with Online Processing check box ‘Unticked’ Order type will be released in Background (Not Online).

Conversely, if you want this to work irrespective of the Order type setup, you’ll have to go for a Customization and add a new Client level validation to do the same, because Custom Events are not  ‘Powerful’ enough to override the Standard business logic here I should say.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Kanishka.

Making it online processing solved my problem. much appreciated.