Question

CRM Sales Process - Approval Hierarchy

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

I have a customer that is curious if there is a method to leverage the “Approvals” in the CRM - Sales Process - “Action Steps”, and create the Approvals in such a way that a hierarchy can exist. 

For example: Line Manager approvals first, and then the Director approvals second.

Their requirement reminds me of the Purchase Order/Req Authorizations functionality with the “Routing Steps”.

For what its worth, they are running Apps 10 “Aurena” on Software Update 19. 

Thank you,

Alex

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Alex,
thanks for reaching out. As you know, the Purchase Order/ Req authorization is a functionality, specific to Supply Chain functionality, and no generic approval functionality. So, this one can’t be used.

I think it is quite simple for customers to control the Line Manager’s and Director’s approval, using Business Process Automation (Workflow) together with the “actions” in Sales Process. Don’t you agree? E.g. if 1st step approved, add 2nd step, if Opportunity is >100.000$.

Best Regards,

Ata 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Alex_Mee @AtaAbdavi there’s no Workflow functionality in Apps10.

However, Approvals (from Document Management module) could be used.

• define approval template with the needed steps and users that should approve each step
  • create Custom Event to attach the approval template to the desired sales process steps when the Opportunity is confirmed
  • Create custom event to block marking the sales process step as Done if the approval is not completed 100%

This process involves some configs, but it could be used in every screen of the app. For example I worked with customers that have had this approval process setup for sales quotations and customer orders.

Badge

It's great to hear that your customer is interested in utilizing approvals in the CRM with a hierarchical structure. In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you can indeed set up multi-level approvals with a hierarchy. The specific steps and options may vary depending on the version of Dynamics CRM you're using, but I can provide some general guidance. In your CRM, create an approval process. This process will define the steps and the order of approval. You can configure the Line Manager approval as the first step and Director approval as the second step. Ensure that you have the appropriate user roles and permissions set up in CRM data enrichment. Line Managers and Directors should have the necessary permissions to approve or reject requests.

Before deploying this setup in a production environment, thoroughly test the approval process to ensure it works as expected.