CRM Panel - Save an e-mail to CRM error

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all

I have an error message when I want to save an e-mail to the CRM :

It still creates the business mail in IFS but I can’t see the body e-mail

I can’t see what it means because I have all the permissions set.

Thanks for your quick answer

Christèle

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I assume that this error is raised because the business mails and attachments could not be saved properly. If you have defined in the CRM/SRM Default Values page that mail body should be saved to docman and that html content should be shown, the mail body will be saved as an attachment to the business mail. Since you can't see the mail body I guess the attachment (mail body) has not been saved. There can be different reasons why the attachment is blocked. I don't think it has anything to do with user permission settings but maybe other access settings when it comes to outlook. To figure out what is wrong we would need more information about outlook version, EWS?, which update you run etc. If possible it would be better to raise a support issue and provide as much information as possible. 

Best Regards,
Anna 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I use Outlook 2013 and IFS EE update 10.

Best regards

Christèle

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I assume that this error is raised because the business mails and attachments could not be saved properly. If you have defined in the CRM/SRM Default Values page that mail body should be saved to docman and that html content should be shown, the mail body will be saved as an attachment to the business mail. Since you can't see the mail body I guess the attachment (mail body) has not been saved. There can be different reasons why the attachment is blocked. I don't think it has anything to do with user permission settings but maybe other access settings when it comes to outlook. To figure out what is wrong we would need more information about outlook version, EWS?, which update you run etc. If possible it would be better to raise a support issue and provide as much information as possible. 

Best Regards,
Anna 

I use Outlook 2013 and IFS EE update 10.

Best regards

Christèle

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Actually the CRM-panel is not supported on Outlook 2013 so there can be features which do not work in older versions of Outlook. If you run IEE you have the option to run the docman add-in to save e-mails. CRM-panel is more intended to use together with Aurena since you can easily navigate from the outlook panel to Aurena and that is not possible for IEE.

Best Regards,

Anna