Solved

Conditional Field on Mobile No in Customer Comm Method

• 17 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Is there a possiblity to create a conditional format on Mobile/Email field Value in Customer Comm Method. The users often insert/paste a false formatted Mobile/Email number/ID which creates problems with the third party interface.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Susith Setunga 18 August 2021, 05:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FPayab 

Are you referring to this?

for example you can highlight if they contain “-” in middle

What is the condition you are expecting to format based on?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

i want to check for the format of the Mobile number i-e length and number of entry , for example if a user inserts an invalid mobile number or more than one mobile number. Same for Email ID if a user inserts an email id with @ or inserts more than one email id. i want to restrict user to single valid mobile no and email id.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FPayab ,

You could use conditional formatting to validate if an email address contains ‘@’ sign similarly as above. However there is no validation for character length. So basically you have to play with the available conditions there.

Alternatively you could bring client side validations for those complex conditions such as character length in form of a minor customization.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

How do i access Conditional Formatting? is it available in IFS 9

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FPayab 

It is available and you just need to RMB on the column headers like below. Hope my above comments help you in adding conditions