Solved

Compare Permission Sets

• 8 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

IFS9

Is there a way to easily compare Permission Sets and find which permission set has missing accesses granted?  My two situations:

1. Recently copied PROD to TST. Changes were made in TST, but not in PROD and changes not documented. Is there an easy way to determine what was changed in TST? We realize we could copy TST back to PROD, but we’d like to identify what this change was.
  2. Two Similar custom permissions sets created 9+ months ago. Can we compare them to each other to determine which ones have accesses the other doesn’t?

We are using Apps9 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 8 April 2022, 19:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You would have to export both permission sets as XML and then compare them using an XML comparison tool.  I don’t know of a good method to compare them within IFS.

Badge +4

@ShawnBerk Hello, when viewing a user, can I compare against another user to see what they have ticked in their permission sets? If it can be done through XML, can you explain the steps please?

I’m a new user.

Thanks

Ross

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@rosscortb Have you seen the screen Grant Permission Sets to User - Here is a small screenshot of the screen.

We also have our users in User Groups - so expanding the groups, allows you to see the different users. 

This screens pulls up all users. This screen doesn’t allow for pulling up a group of specific users. Hope this helps.