Solved

Change the line number sequencing of a customer order

• 12 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, 

The customer wants to change the sequencing of the lines in the customer order. 
For example, if we start with the line 10, is it possible that the second line has a number 20 then 30 ... (a step of 10)?
Thank you in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 13 January 2022, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @K4uLinalM I don’t think if its possible in IFS. 

Just curious why they need it. Is it because they want that number sequence to be reflected on a CO report they are printing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @K4uLinalM 

You cannot do it to be fetched automatically on a custom sequence. I don’t think it can be done through even a custom event also.

But, the users can manually put a Line number as they desire when entering the order line. If the users forgets to manually enter it, the Line No field can be made mandatory in the users’ base profiles.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Asela Munasinghe No, the client's problem is the following: If the line numbers go from 1 to 2 and then 3 etc. and a forgotten line needs to be added, it is impossible to place it between 2 lines already created! Thank you for your answer

@ThushAsanka Thank you so much for your answer, I will propose to the client this solution to make the field mandatory. It can solve his problem :)