Can you use Message Class: ORDRSP (855) to send PO Cancellation

• 6 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

Hello, 

We are currently using IFSv9, and we are exploring the use of ORDRSP Message Class to send PO Cancellations from IFS to a customer via EDI. 

We have found that if we cancel the order at the header level - there is no RMB option to “send order confirmation” from the Customer Order screen. 

If we cancel all line items, but leave header in “planned” or “released” status, and RMB “send order confirmation” the lines still show: <ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE>Accepted without amendment</ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE> on the XML.

Is there a different Message Class that we should be using instead of ORDRSP for this purpose? Or, is there a way to generate the 855 for cancelled POs from IFS that will show it is cancelled on the xml?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Even if we only cancel one of the lines on an order, and then generate the 855, it will still show the cancelled line status on the 855 xml as: <ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE>Accepted without amendment</ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE> and the Header Status will be the same… although the order has changed.

What are we missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Joy 

I think this message class is for order response only.

Maybe the message class ORDCHG is the right one.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

ORDCHG is used for inbound 860s. I don’t see any option to send an ORDCHG as an outbound document from IFS.

Today looking at it again - I figured it out. Not sure why it wasn’t behaving this way yesterday, or perhaps I overlooked it. In the Customer Order screen, start with the order in Planned or Released Status - and then cancel all order lines, but leave header status open. <ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE>Not Accepted</ORDER_LINE_RESPONSE_TYPE> is then what you get on all lines. However, the header status on the xml still shows <HEADER_STATUS>Accepted without amendment</HEADER_STATUS> even though all lines are cancelled. The only way you can get a header status of “changed” is if you change an item qty. Cancelling the items won’t update the header status to “changed” or “not accepted”. 

Cancelling the order at the header level does not allow for ORDRSP to be generated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

The start of this process is your customer sending a purchase order. So then, any change (including cancellation) should come from that end. If your customer agrees in cancelling the order, then they can send a change request ORDCHG and with the incoming ORDCHG, your order will be cancelled.

On the other side, by using ORDRSP in the way you refer:

1. It’s logic that once the customer order header is cancelled, system doesn’t allow to generate order confirmation (this is used meanwhile the order is open).
  2. Have you checked, for example, with an intersite process, if the status ‘Not Accepted’ would cancel the lines in the Purchase Order?

Regards,

Pilar