Solved

Work Order Assignment Validations - Dispatch Console vs. Service Order Module

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Our dispatchers use 2 main methods to assign work - the dispatch console, and the service order info page. On the dispatch console, when you attempt to assign an activity to a technician that does not have the required skills to service an activity, an info prompt appears to notify the dispatcher.

However, that same validation doesn’t seem to take place when assigning the activity from the service order module. We receive a prompt that “you’re overriding DSE function”, or 'SA already has something scheduled at this time, are you sure”, but not whether or not the technician has the required skills, which is the most important for our use case.

Is there a configuration to enable this validation on the service order page? 

(operating on version 15.1)

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 9 November 2023, 11:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kevin,

I also do not find a configuration option for this to enable in the Service Order module.  The skills check was likely designed to provide information to the DSE/DC module initially and may not have been extended to just the service order.

If this were the case, I would imagine that as you are getting a warning that you are overriding the DSE with a manual allocation, it probably is assuming you are intending to assign this agent no matter the skill level anyway.

The question is specifically if there is a skills validation functionality within the service order module itself.

I have made an inquiry to R&D to confirm or explain what is possible and will come back on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kevin,

Confirmed with R&D that it is as I thought, skills validation is only used with Auto-Assignment or Appointment Booking conditions.  If you assign an agent directly in the Service Order, there is no check.

We check the global parameters that have relation to Skills during the activities Assignment. You are right – all existing skills-related parameters either define Auto-Assignment policy or Appointment Booking condition.

The system does warn of SV's and SA’s Nodes inconsistency, of SA Availability problem (if corresponding value 'Check SA availability' is selected in global parameter 'SA Availability') but never warns of Skill mismatching during manual assignment.

The skills validation the system uses either when try to find appropriate SA during auto-assignment or when is looking for available SAs via Appointment Booking.

Manual assignment ignores skills validation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Phil!