Solved

Unable to search in V15 for Customer Center or Customer Contracts

• 12 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We have a trial installation of V15 and it works for most users but I am getting an error whenever I search in the Customer Center or in the Customer Contracts module

However, if I search for an installed item, I can then zoom to the Customer/site from there, without issue.

If I log in on my PC as another user, I have no problem, so must be in my employee settings but they are exactly the same as other users, as far as I can see.

I have cleared the cache and history, deleted temp folders, remove the V15 file from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Astea, changed security profile and also bypassed security, all to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions what I need to do?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 January 2022, 14:33

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Which web browser are you using (Edge, Chrome, etc.)?  Do you have Fiddler installed on your machine? Perhaps you can run a fiddler trace and see what the response is from the web request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Also which release of version 15? 15.3, 15,4?

Please note, the location you cleared from user profiles are only relevant for the Astea Browser, not the web browser client.

So it works if you are not the user? Ok, can you try clicking on the three vertical dots on the upper right of your browser and go to settings, from there you have options to flush cache, etc. Flush all.

If you have installed the  Astea Browser, please log in there and then go to catalog-options-delete cache and delete all, especially views as this is data stored in the database against your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are there any error entries recorded in the Alliance Event Viewer log files?  (i.e. maybe it’s trying to include a cst_ field in the retrieve that doesn’t exist in the database or something along those lines..)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I’m using 15.4.  I use Edge but have also tried Chrome.  I already cleared the cache in Astea as well as Edge.  I also had someone checking the error logs but they found nothing unusual so far.

It seems odd that I can log in on my system as someone else and do not get any issues, only logging in as myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When you say login on your system, you mean the Windows OS or the Employee Portal?

If it is Windows OS, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the v14 client (I believe that is your version).  When the Astea Browser employee portal is deployed, it is per user thus perhaps the one you are using on your account is corrupted somehow?

Be sure to install it with IE (not Edge, Chrome, etc.) and that the landing page for the installation is a trusted site for your IE.

To explain, the Astea Browser deploys to the user’s 2.0 folder.  Here is an example of one of mine below:

This may explain why it works when a different user logs in on the same windows client.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Good idea, I’ll try that (completely remove all aspects of Astea and re-install).  It’s a bit painful but I’ll do it later and let you know the result.  Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

I removed anything Astea V14 and V15 from my PC, cleared the temp folder and %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Astea and also cleared the MS Edge cache and history.

Then just ran V15.4 Web Portal only and I still get the same issue.

One of my colleagues, that has no problem running V15 has also logged in as me on his PC and he is seeing the same issue, so it seems perhaps something is wrong in my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Yes your testing seems to indicate it is something related to your account data that is triggering this message.  What that might be, I don’t know.

Is your account a Customizer or bypassing security?  If not, perhaps there is a node issue?

In v15.4 (let’s only concentrate on that and not look into the Astea Browser or v14)

You said you cleared your cache but did you also try this?

Click the 3 vertical dots and select settings to get to the home settings screen.  Try Flush All at the bottom.

I don’t have any other suggestions as it may be a data setting in our DB account itself but what, we don’t know.  You don’t have the event logs from the Event Viewer when this happens as Reid asked?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Yes, I did the flush before but it did not help.  I have had my security profile set and also bypassed.  Also tried logging in as customizer, all without luck.  I did not try changing node setting so I will give that a go.

We could not find anything in the error log so far but will try again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

I had a play with Node settings too, again with no difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your time today and we have determined what the issue was about.  The DB in your v14.5 environment which you sourced for using the new 15.4 environment was upgraded with changes that include additional language layers.

This is not the case for the Test v15.4 you deployed.  Specifically in this case, it was looking for _descr10 for the company.  Once we changed your user langugage from UKE to ENG, this was working.

Long term there should be care to manage the upgrade to 15.4 to include the multiple language layers that were added to v14.5 to avoid having to change all the users back to ENG, etc.

Hope this helps!