Solved

Total Tax value wrong

• 5 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

We have encountered some cases where the calculated Total tax amount is wrong. It appears there is a standard process which added a “tax_round” line, for which an adjustment is done. Let’s take the case : 

For each line and for header : 

Total price line HT Tax rate TVA (calculated) Rounded TVA (2 digits)
118,13 20% 23,626 23,63
73,5 20% 14,7 14,7
219,38 20% 43,876 43,88
411,01   82,202 82,21

Header total price Tax rate TVA Rounded value
411,01 20% 82,202 82,2

The problem is that on the invoice, the adjustment seems to be done on the wrong way (adding one cent instead of subtracting it), and the result is wrong. Let’s see the invoice : 

Having a look on the database, we may have this issue on 2 columns (yellow ones) for which value is positive instead of negative. Here is an extarct of the tax-line table :

Does anyone already had this issue ? What can we do ? Should I create a ticket on the support ? 

Thank you

ALLIANCE V15.4 SU3

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 5 March 2024, 12:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

Does this happen with the standard Invoice Report or only your custom invoice report?

Please create a ticket in the Support Portal.  This will not be resolvable in IFS Community.  Also please mention which customer / version you are raising this against.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

This happens for the standard invoice report, yes. And we can find why in database. I’ll create a ticket on behal of the concerned customer. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

This has everything to do with rounding, the euro currency only has 2 significant digits after the decimal point and the application stores the rounded euro value.

When the Taxation Settings Tax Mechanism is set to Tax Category, the tax is calculated by summing the total of the node price per tax category and then applying the tax.  So assuming all the products are the same tax category in your example, 411.01 is the total of the save values in euro (rounded to 2-digits) and applying 20% to this comes to 82.202 (or 82.20 rounded as you see in the invoice)

When the Taxation Settings Tax Mechanism is set to Document Line, the tax is calculated per line and then totaled which results in a different value.

You could try this other setting to see how it works for you in general for other scenarios.

However, this does not explain the 82.22 you see in the invoice and it did not appear in the standard invoice report generated by the preview Invoice nor the standard invoice report when I invoiced this order.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you. I tested it on the standard report, but for sure, on the customer environnement. I will run some more tests on a fully standard environment.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Moving forward on this topic, we’ve been able to reproduce the issue on QAC environment. Please have a look on Service order  SV2403070002.

First, we’ve updated the Tax mechanism parameter to Document line  (now set back to Tax Category)

Then create the same example (SV2403070002 - Invoice I240307001), and as you can see, the result is wrong Total Tax and consequently wrong Extended amount

I’m going to updated as well the support ticket, but can you please check that ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I see you added your comment to the support ticket already at R&D (ASAP) who will be reviewing it.