Solved

Time zone & activity start

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

In France we are UTC+01:00. If we have a customer who is UTC more than UTC+01:00, for example a japan Customer (UTC+09:00), and a technician who is also UTC+09:00, then there is a problem in a SV with the activity start date control.

When you create a service order, the open date is ok, populated automatically in customer Day/time. In France I create the SV at 16:40 (15 february) local Time, in the SV the open date automatically populated is correct : 00:40 (16 february).

If the technicien starts his activity one hour later than the SV open date, then the double-click on activity start date field populate automatically 01:10 (16 february), that is OK. But a blocked message is sent to the user : “Start date cannot be in the future”. I think that this is a bug, no ?  

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 16 February 2024, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Philippe, 
When you say the tech double-clicks on the Activity Start Date field...are they doing that in the Alliance application or in the Mobile Edge application?  Can you attach a screenshot of the error?  If they manually enter a time using the date/time control picker (instead of double-clicking) does it also throw the same validation message?
Can you try manually entering 02:10, 03:10, 04:10, 05:10, 06:10, 07:10, 08:10, 09:10, 10:10 into the same field and see which one it finally allows?  (that should help to pinpoint whether it’s rolling the TIME you enter in back another 8 hours due to the time zone difference or whether there’s something wrong with the DATE portion validation that’s triggering the error).
Thanks,
Reid

Badge +3

Hi Reid,

I give you more detail in the joined document, for a Customer Support (It’s the same behavior for a Service Order). 

In fact the error message “start date cannot be in the future” happens only if the start date in the customer local hour is the next day compared to the actual day of our time zone.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Philippe,
I think you’ll need to log a support ticket for this issue, thanks.
Reid