Solved

Sort in the web portal qbe screen

• 21 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello

(15.4SU5) When you click on a qbe column to sort the result and then you remove the column of your view, the results are still sorted by the “hidden” column . It could then be difficult to find the hidden column to remove the sort. Do you know if there is a trick here ? if no could this “issue” could be considered as a bug ?

Thanks for your feedback

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 23 August 2023, 12:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I am not aware of a trick/tip to find it via the UI without restoring the columns to the view.

Perhaps save your view first and then select all columns at once, review where the sorts are applied, note which columns have the sorts, load your saved view, add the column(s) you found it sorted to remove the sorts you do not want, hide those columns again and save the view once more with the same name 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I also discussed with R&D whether removing a column from view should perhaps also remove that column’s sort setting.

If a new sorting is not defined and the system automatically removes sorting from the removed column, the system will use the default sorting. However, the user can remove from the view also the column which is defined for the default sorting. Therefore, I think that before the column is removed from the view, the user needs to remove the sorting from this column and set a new sorting on another column.

it still appears the best solution/tip is to restore all the columns and see which ones have spring defined to remove them specifically from the view as mentioned in my first reply.