Solved

SLA Failure Code at Dispatch of a Service Order ?

• 16 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We’ve activated the Arrival and Resolve Failure codes in service orders in v15.3.6

Astea only pops up to fill in the code at resolve of the activity if the Arrive and/or Resolve time has been exceeded. This is mostly done by the field engineer when he resolves his order on mobile.

But often the engineer does not knows what the reason of the failure is,

He knows it only if he caused the failure himself (e.g.: car broke down, traffic jam, store closed,...)

Although, the dispatcher often knows already a failure reason even before he dispatches the order to the engineer (e.g; parts needs to be ordered, no engineer available, customer is abscent,...)

Is there a possibilty to pop up the demand to fill in the arrival or/and resolve failure code when the time has been exceeded at dispatching of the order ?

Can this be configuraed in Astea  or does anyone has suggestions how to do it ?

I’ve noticed that the failure code fields stay grayed out even when the time has been exceeded and are only available at resolve of the activity.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 January 2023, 14:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

Alliance only has functionality to trigger the SLA Failure capture code when the activity is resolved. The field will not be available for edit until that time and if you do somehow populate it ahead of time, this probably would prevent the opportunity for the service agent engineer to populate his own failure if he requires it  when he resolves the order meaning a pop up will not come up as the field is already populated and there may be more reasons for a delay on the SLA than what the backend person knows.

This would be a customization.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

There is a work around though it is a not quite a normal process and you would have to wait until the SLA has already expired.

Assume the order has SLA’s that are within the same day as the ticket being logged.  If you create an order with the open day yesterday, so when the order was created all SLAs already passed. The Failure code fields were disabled.  Mark the order as Resolved and enter the Failure codes.  Finally, unresolve the order.

The system saved the failure codes. A status of the order was Open, but the failure codes were stored.

I would not consider this a viable solution for you as I believe you have mandatory codes to insert before you resolve the order and would also have to complete all activities as well before resolving.

Again, I still would be concerned you would not have failures from the field engineer if you pre-populate.