Solved

Site Items synchronisation on mobile

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We often have the situation that an engineer on-site discovers an item which is not in the Site Items on mobile, so he is not able to return that item.

Then he calls his dispatcher: 

1. Or the dispatcher creates a new installed item for the site in backoffice. But this new item is not synchronised on mobile and the engineer cannot refresh the Site Items when he is working in a service order.
  2. Or the dispatcher sees that the required item exists in installed items for the site in backoffice, so probably the site items were not completley synchronised on mobile. Here also, the engineer cannot synchronise the Site Items while working in the order.

Is there a possibility to push the update of Site Items to mobile from backoffice ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 19 December 2022, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

First thing I would check would be the two MOE settings in the Server MOE involving items, -10122 and -10125.

-10122 Maximum number of Installed Items downloaded as part of Work Order Site module. WARNING: MAY CAUSE PERFORMANCE ISSUES IF SET HIGHER THAN RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM. (Recommended maximum: 100)
-10125 Maximum number of SA Warehouse Inventory records download

Please note, on the last one, the application tries to deliver the most recent inventory records to the van warehouse and this includes not just items.  I probably would first look at -10122 though.

As far as pushing, I think when you add the item to the order item list, this should refresh the data for the service order.  If not, then just make a minor change to the problem description and this should also redispatch the work order.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Phil, 

• settings: -10122 = 200 and -10125 = 500
  • when the service order is on mobile, the product/item fields are grayed out, so in backoffice you cannot change the item
  • the minor change in problem description does update the order

We cannot simulate the situation but i advice our agents to check if the minor change in problem description helps to update added items on the site

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Piet,

So when the order is updated, the ‘missing’ item is brought down to the system then (as the backend user did not add it)?

If you really want to try to updte the product/item fields, you can always pull the order with exclude from mobile, make the change for product/item and then remove the exclude from mobile.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Phil, I’ve tested and communicated the way of working  to update the item in a Service Order while the engineer is working in it on mobile:

1. set “exclude from mobile” on, save, select the required item
  2. set “exclude from mobile” off and save again

The order is removed out of the worklist on mobile after step1 and comes back in the worklist after step 2.

The engineer opens the same order and can continue from the point what he already has registered.