Solved

set fields invisible : via Security setup or customizer

• 12 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

If we want to set invisible some fields (customs or standard) for a profile user

1/ what is the best way : by customizer or security setup ?

2/  By Security setup transaction : is it possible to set invisible customs fields (and not only standard fields)

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by ktolkacevic 12 October 2023, 15:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you are creating fields it woul be easy to set at that time. If you are wanting to change afterwards, I would suggest using Security Setup. It is a lot easier to manage than customizer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have not really tried using Customizer security validation for both code change added fields and customizer added fields.  However, both should work in Customizer.  It seems easier to maintain which role is impacted as you can set it for each role within the same properties dialog.

Whereas for Security Setup, you would have to find the element ID, open each role first, find the module/page and then add permissions.  I think the Customizer would be easier myself though to be honest, I have not used it that much for this purpose.

What is also beneficial for Customizer is that you can also define validations when a field should be invisible, disabled or mandatory.

My suggestion is try to do what you want first in Customizer and go from there but no harm just using Security Setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

On the Mobile Customizer application side, making custom fields ‘invisible’ is easy...just click once on the custom field on the screen where you want to make the change, then DRAG/DROP that field onto the Trash Can icon:

Save and test your changes and then publish the customization afterwards.
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi  @ktolkacevic  @Phil Seifert  @Reid Gilbert 

Thanks for your contributions 👍

By Security setup : for a custom field, upon my tests we need to add the BO name  : for example in Service Order transaction , Info Service Tab : if your cst name is : TOTO, you need to use main@TOTO and not only TOTO.  For a standard field, it seems that the BO name is not required.

Could you confirm this rule ?

Thanks and Regards
anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Discussed with R&D:

This depends on how the field id is defined. For fields added with the Astea Browser, the custom field id usually contains BO name. In fields added with web browser the id created without bo name. In the Astea Browser you can see  the field’s id in the bottom bar.

To add to this, in Chrome, if you right-click the field and then choose select then you can see what the ID is in the inspection window as well if you are not using the Astea Browser (Smart Browser).