Solved

Service Order in Rejected status must be invoiced

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Team,

We have a service order which is in rejected status. But client wants it to be invoiced now.
Is there any way we can roll back SV from rejected status and then invoice it?

Let us know of any process that may help in this situation, so that we will provide the service requested by the client.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 29 November 2023, 15:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

By rejected status, I am presuming you mean it is status Failed Customer Acceptance, right?

Or something else?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Phil,

It appears to be a custom status called ‘Rejected’.
However, the order is still in Service order and not Service order history.

So, by running ‘InvoiceOrder’ macro, will the order be invoiced?
And also, where can I find the list of macros, their code/config in Astea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

Ok, I confirm Rejected which is internally identified with the order_stat_uniq_id of 840 in your database is a custom status.

Given this is a custom issue and not standard it should not be resolved via Community. I think you should log a ticket and then this should be reviewed by Services or Support to work out the best way forward.

Be sure to reference the service order and perhaps send a screen shot of what you are seeing when you open the order, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Narendran,
Try to track down the original BRD for this customization, there will usually be some details in there or in the associated Test Scripts for how to handle this particular scenario since it’s a custom order status.  If you want to just clean up this one order directly via a database script you can do that by setting the order_stat_uniq_id value to 200 (Service Assigned), that will most likely open it back up for editing so that you can complete and invoice it directly from the Service Order module.
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Narendran.

Not knowing the service order number, I selected an order that had the order status unique id value set to 840.  I did not change this (nor execute any SQL scripts) but was able to search for the order in both the service order queue and the order locator.

From there, I opened the record and made the changes I needed to make to that order (it was incomplete as the last activity was not yet fulfilled).  After completing all demands I was able to invoice it from the service order module with the NOW option.

This did not do the invoicing as it went to Need Audit status so presumably there is something in place (audit rule most likely) which did not allow it to invoice. So, going to the Audit Queue, I was able to find the order here was able to invoice it with the run/audit check.

Whether this is the best solution for your specific incident, I don't know but it does seem the status 840 (Rejected) does not prevent it from invoicing and it could proceed down the invoicing process presuming all the other requirements are fulfilled.