Solved

Sending or stop sending cust field to mobility

• 16 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi guys,

Is anyone can explain how we can send a custom field to mobility (if not dispayed), but futhermore stop sending it to the mobile app ?

The reason is that sometimes we have an issue because a custom field sent to the mobile is updated in Back-office. If the technician is off-line, the field is not updated in mobility and when technician is able to rensend data (closed activity for instance), then this custom field is updated from mobility with the wrong value. So we want not to send it anymore. How to do this ?

Tnahk you.

Laurence

ALLIANCE V15.1 

Mobile  v 15.4.0.6

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 16 June 2023, 13:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

If I understand your question correctly, you are referring to a transaction already sent to the mobile server with data but not to the agent yet as they are offline where the data has already been modified again after the initial transaction with different data.

Wouldn’t both transactions be received by the agent with the last one superceding the first one so they would not have the original transaction value?

If this is not correct, perhaps you can elaborate further?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

In some way, that’s it. But it doesn’t work really this way (the last transaction is too late because mobile has sent first is “wrong” value)..

→ But what I would like to know, is how to stop definitively sending a custom field to the mobile app. We don’t want it anymore.

We tryied remove it from the mobile display, but in the API messages from the mobile, we can see that it is still send to the mobile, and resend back from the mobile. We just need to stop for this field.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ah ok, the issue is that the information was already on the mobile client prior to the update in the backend but as the agent is offline the client did not send the transaction yet so when they go online, that information is sent upstream again thus updating the backend.

Honestly, I am not sure this is possible but let’s see if Reid has any thoughts how to prevent updates from the mobile client like this…

Only thing I can think of but this would be a major undertaking in that you would need to know this event scenario would occur in advance to the client going back online is to ask the user to reinitialize the user on the client login.  This would clear the local caches on the client.  I am not confident you would know in time to take this action and it  is perhaps a bit of overkill anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Laurence,
To fully remove the custom field you’ll need to modify the CustomFields.xml file on each of the mobile servers (located here, just change the highlighted section to match the profile that you’re logging into):

Program Files\Alliance Mobile Edge\AsteaMobileEdgeServices\App_Data\YourProfileGoesHere\CustomFields.xml

Open the file up in Notepad with Administrator rights and scroll down until you find the field and just remove the entire line.  Then log out from mobile and log back in again and run another test, see if that resolves the issue.  Test it on UAT before promoting to PROD just to make sure everything is working properly.
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you both. I think this is what we need !