Solved

Repair Order Creation from Mobile

• 7 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

With the SP4 SU4, we have an update for the MOE -10329. we can create a RA Inside 

Values : 

▪ N=Return to Warehouse
▪ O=Return to Whse & Create RA,
▪ Y=Return to Whse & Create Inside RA.

Could you explain the purpose and process for an inside RP ?

For an inside RP, you don’t have a customer, but here the Technician is on the customer site and swap a component or installed item who belongs to this customer.

Is inside repair provided for certain types of equipment (loan) ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 13 December 2023, 17:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I reached out to the R&D team on this...will update the thread once I get a response…
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

I am also interested what R&D says but here is my thinking…

You swapped out a part/item that belonged to the customer (component of an item or an item).  The new material now becomes owned by the customer.  The swapped out part is no longer owned by the customer unless the item definition itself indicates it is owned by the customer however it is no longer considered installed at the site.

Now this part/item is an inventory item which is what Internal Repair orders are used for as it does NOT have to return to the customer site.  After the repair, it is put back in inventory of the warehouse the repair order designates since it is not going back to the site.  If the item is still owned by the customer, it should still be owned by the customer but in the warehouse until you need it next for the customer or some other disposition.

I would not think a swapped out item for a loan item should be handled as an internal repair.  This should go back to the customer to swap out the loaned item.  Now, that loaned item being returned may need servicing after swapping back the original item.  That servicing should be handled as an internal repair order before placing back into usable stock.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Reid, Phil,

@Phil Seifert : I can agree with what you explained above, but we don’t have this option for many times, and the repair orders process works well in both cases : return the product to the customer site and remain the item (bad to good) in your inventory.

Thanks and Regards 

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Here is the response from R&D (maybe one of the BC’s can chime in and elaborate on the Alliance side functionality):

The additional value on MOE -10329 was added to match the backend options. 

There was a customer that wanted the mobile tech to be able to create an Inside RA just like the backend user. 

I am not 100% sure what the business logic/needs are for doing this Inside RA. But simply we added this option so that mobile can behave like backend does.