Solved

Process flow task executor service

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Our customer (15.1HF10)  has 3 application servers. Only on one of the application server the process flow task executor service is running.

What we have seen is that when an API message generated trough a process Flow was processed and the transaction “done” by the API was very long, the others API messages in the wf_rule_tasks_runapi table were not processed ,waiting that the first to be processed. So the service takes messages one by one. If we start the task executor services on the 2 others application server could the api messages be managed in simultaneous (that is to say 3 by 3) ? is it recommanded or this will conduct to lock processes ? thanks for your feedback

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 19 January 2022, 01:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

We have another customer also on V15.1 HF10 who is also running three executor services on each of three different app servers. 

Seems to me you should be able to do this though I would take care your API’s are well managed for efficiency and you have enough background users in the license as each service will consume a login slot. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Christophe,

There are some problems in Process Flow in 15.1 HF10. They have been fixed in HF11, however you can get the fix for HF10 if needed.

You can check with a query as below (if you can access the database):

select machine_name, * from wf_rule_header 

The value in machine_name should be blank, otherwise PF won’t be run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Joshua is correct about issues with the workflow executor in HF10 having issues and this was another topic in Community which was discussed needing HF11.

i thought the question related more to whether it was possible to run multiple executor services on multiple servers which should be possible.

The other customer I mentioned in my post above does have HF10 but also fixes from HF11 deployed in this area as well though not HF11 itself. I should have mentioned this. Thank you, Joshua.