Solved

Problem displaying modules v12.5

• 27 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have a user who get a “blank” page when opening Inventory Details and Inventory Management. This worked yesterday. We have cleared the cache and personal settings, and also reinstalled the app to no avail. I assume there may some temp files that needs to be removed manually? 

icon

Best answer by bskallerud 9 June 2022, 15:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

When we have this kind of display issue on our side,  this is due to the fact that the Alliance URL is not defined in the trusted site zone. Dont’ know if this can help

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi ,

Were any MS updates applied to the PC. It can occur that the URL has been removed from Trusted Sites. This can be accessed via Internet Options - Security - Trusted Sites and then click on the Sites tab. Re-add the URL here:

Check the Security Level as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Further information - this was working for the user yesterday based on a discussion with Bjørn a few minutes ago.  It should not be a case of the trusted site.

Also, the user account works on another system so it is not a case of permissions for portals, etc.

They have removed the files from the 2.0 folder

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

followed by reinstalling the Astea Browser.

In addition removed the xml file related to the user/environment in :

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Astea\

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\Astea

(I actually would remove all files in the Temp folder)

To make sure IE itself is not caching files using IE Settings, go to the internet cache for that user and delete all the files inside that folder using file explorer to really be sure there is not caching involved.  For example path is:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

Try again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for all the replies.

Further testing reveals that NO pages open correctly.

We try to log onto Astea as another user - same issue.

Log onto Astea on another PC. Works fine.

Delete all cached and temporary files for IE - and do a full reinstall of Astea - no change.

Install v15.2 from our UAT environment - this version works fine

Install v12.5 from our UAT environment - does not work

We have logged on as e new user on the PC and installed Astea again - same problem

So the issue is consistent - seems to be an issue with Windows/IE

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have there been any policy updates to users machines?  Another thing to try is use Telerik Fiddler (Download Fiddler Web Debugging Tool for Free by Telerik) to capture the HTTP traffic between the client and server and see if any of the *.xsl pages are being blocked for any reason.  If not, you’d want to make sure that there are no settings preventing JavaScript and XSL transform (in V12.5, we use AJAX to display the pages).

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Andrew - I will swap the user’s PC and get it in for further testing. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Update - we have moved this user to a new PC, and it all works great now. I’ll get the PC into my office for further testing

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

WE have moved on to 15.2, so I’ll close this